Winsome Wood Kitchen Cart, Natural

Winsome Wood Kitchen Cart, NaturalThe first thing I can tell you is to make SURE you put the legs in the correct position exactly as pictured or you will put it together twice like I did. Construction was not difficult, took me 1 1/2 hours counting the time it took to disassemble and reassemble the legs.

The screws are very tight going in, which at first I thought was a bad thing until assembled and realized that the tightness of these screws was going to be the only thing holding the stand up.

Building this cart is a two man operation, no written directions only pictures that must be looked at carefully.

The assembled product looks great, nice strong wood. No problems with the drawer opening and closing.

BUT the design is faulty, move the cart around your kitchen a few times with no weight on it and you will see it wobble, 12 screws and dowels are not enough to allow movement of this cart and without some way to shore it up, L braces etc, I am quite certain within a month it will fall apart. Kept stationary with weight on it is no problem.

It is a good value for the money, and would be a five star product, if it were a better designed product that promoted stability.

Update: I added three 25" pieces of wood across the back to brace it along with a few 3/4 inch brackets. One against the back top, One directly behind the wine rack, and one at the bottom so they cannot be seen. The wobble is now at a minimum and I can move the cart around safely. So its still a big hassle, but sturdier than it was before.

This piece looks fine and functions pretty well. Complaint is that the drawer is very difficult to open and close. We don't keep much in there...

Buy Winsome Wood Kitchen Cart, Natural Now

It was an ominous beginning when one of the wooden parts that functions to support the drawer and was supposed to be securely attached to the main body came apart in my hand when I touched it. The screws that were to secure the piece to the table top receded completely into the wood when pushed slightly, so obviously they weren't going to secure anything. After several hours of removing the screws, inserting toothpicks to fill the holes, reinserting the screws, then applying wood glue and clamping the piece, we thought that the rest would be easy. It took a couple more hours and great strength (and cursing and mutterings about ordering stuff online) from my husband to force the screws into misaligned holes. Finally it stands, looking good but a bit wobby if you exert force when you're chopping.

We would have returned it but we didn't have a chance to assemble it until after the 60-day period for returns was up. The wood of some of the components (e.g. the table, the knife holder) was solid but the legs more flimsy. At the least, the company needs more quality control because we got a lemon!

Read Best Reviews of Winsome Wood Kitchen Cart, Natural Here

I made 2 mistakes when assembling: I used too long a screw for my first 2 screws, and I didn't plan enough ahead, resulting in the holes for the bottom rod to be on the wrong side (the drawer side), so I just left the bar off. One other thing the drawer sticks when trying to fully close it, so I don't fully close it. Despite these items, I would buy it again and recommend it to others.

Want Winsome Wood Kitchen Cart, Natural Discount?

We bought this primary as a microwave stand and an extra drawer for utensils. Works well. The wine rack is a nice touch for us. Also has a power towel holder (the wooden handle) I wasn't sure it would. There was some slight damage from shipping, which of course is not the manufacturers fault. Wasn't bad enough for me to get with Amazon's customer service, although I believe they would have replaced it if I had. Assembly was not for the light of heart, but maybe not as bad as some other reviewers claimed at the time I was buying it. It does feel a little wobbly when you try to move it around be sure the wheel locks are off! Again, this is mainly a microwave stand for us, so we only move it when cleaning the floor. Oh, also the knife block was completely useless to us, so I didn't even attach it, but I could see someone else wanting it, I guess. Would have been nice if the drawer was designed with roller hardware. The included cutting board is not attached, so you can take it where you need it and then put it back in storage (slides into a slot above the drawer) when you're done. Overall, I'm not wow'd or anything, but I am satisfied with the purchase and would buy it again if I had it to do over.

Save 23% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment