Messermeister Meridian Elite 7-Inch Kullenschliff Vegetable Knife

Messermeister Meridian Elite 7-Inch Kullenschliff Vegetable KnifeIt is difficult to understand why no one has reviewed this knife. It's got kullens, a broad blade, feels hefty, and looks indistructible. I also thought the price was right (U$100) for a forged, quality, high tech metal alloy knife. I don't have particularly large hands, but I'm sure this knife would be a favorite for larger handed people. It is unquestionably the sharpest, out-of-the-box knife I have ever encountered.

The full tang, POM handle is smooth and ample. I will reserve judgement for this choice of handle material, which is probably a trade-off for longevity and durability. Never the less, this handle is sculpted well (Is ergonomic the word?) and the bolster area allows for the thumb and index finger grasp, which is a credit considering it's smoothness. Don't let this smooth handle thing scare you. There are plenty of POM handled knives out there, but I would be amiss if I did not mention it. This knife will generously accommodate the serious cook as well as the not-so-serious.

I have not seen the "stamped" version, but I am sure it is a very nice knife as well, especially for those who would want something a little lighter.

This knife looks and performs better than my expectations. It's beautiful and very well crafted. Has good weight and is well balanced. I purchased this knife to prep-cut large, hard vegetables, such as acorn and winter squashes. The width of the blade facilitates a straight cut with no skewing. A task that my regular chef's knife couldn't handle as efficiently. Very sharp edge right out the box. I'm glad I found this gem.

Buy Messermeister Meridian Elite 7-Inch Kullenschliff Vegetable Knife Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment