Twin Pro "S" 7pc Block Knife Set

Twin Pro 'S' 7pc Block Knife SetFor years I tolerated what I now call "really crappy knives."

I stumbled upon this set at a retail location for the same price. I came home with a challenge in mind to slice my over-ripe heirloom tomatoes. It was like a dream. The knife did all of the work, as it should. Tonight I easily prepped artichokes without the slightest

strain to get those tops perfectly flat. I have been cooking for many years and lately have been in "I must get good knives" mode. I am so glad to have found this set. It is a perfect group for what I deal with. I do not cook large pieces of meat or butcher. I believe these knives would

be able to handle meat and fish, however, I would not dare cut through bones.

I look forward to many years of delightful slicing, dicing, and preparing with these knives.

Insanely better than Henckels international, this set is made in Germany (except the wood block which is made in China) and the quality is beyond compare.

Edit: One month later and I find I love these knives more and more each day. The variety of knives in the block is nice and the price is more than reasonable given the forged German steel.

Buy Twin Pro "S" 7pc Block Knife Set Now

Very sharp and you can tell just by holding and looking at it, that it is A-One. These knives are made in Germany and it

shows. I wouldn't put them in the dishwasher, though, even though they are "no stain"

Read Best Reviews of Twin Pro "S" 7pc Block Knife Set Here

I ordered these because they had great reviews. I was not disappointed the best knives I have ever owned. I will be looking to expand my set.

Want Twin Pro "S" 7pc Block Knife Set Discount?

General:

I was looking for a new knife set to replace my basic Henckels set. most of the sets I found in the twin pro S line were either much more expensive and contained numerous knives that I did not need or want, or had blocks that did not have adequate room for expansion. I decided to purchase this set and then fill out the set with a few of the other twin pro S knives that were available separately for around $50. This base sets has one of the most reasonable costs/blade and leaves plenty of room for expansion. The look of the 3 rivet handle is classic, and to me feels better than the molded handles. I had already purchased the 10" chefs knife a couple of years ago, and in general have been very happy with all of the knives in the set.

I know there are a lot of block haters out there, but I feel like this provides a good starting point for building the set you want. I am also aware that there are a great number of other storage options, from magnets to drawer slots. The block while maybe not the best type of storage is a good way to get to everything easily without having to do any construction. If there counter space is not a huge issue I don't think there is any problem having a nice looking block on you counter. But, if you have other preferences then I would highly encourage you to do what makes you happy at the end of the day.

Blade quality:

I have been a big fan of the twin pro S blades since I have had them. I would say I am a moderately heavy home user, and have not had any problems. The blades hold an edge well and require relatively little maintenance. They are nicely weighted and have a good feel in your hand. I have yet to have any problems with them. The full bolster and thick spine make cutting much more pleasant than my older knives, though I would imagine any other knives in this price range would have the same.

Cons:

If you buy any knife set you are going to get saddled with the butchers steel and the scissors. They are okay, but I would have far preferred to just buy my own separately. The steel is usable, but if you are filling out your set a larger nicer one might be a good investment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment