The V-lo handle with a soft nubby texture is quite comfortable, and I appreciate that it is non-slip when my hands are wet. I was concerned initially that the different materials on the handle might separate from each other, but on my knife, it's intact just as it was when I bought it.
I bought a few other Dexter Russell knives and am extremely pleased with the brand's performance. The knife is light but well-balanced, making it easy to leverage. As a small girl with small hands, I found that santokus in general were easier to maneuver than some of the larger, heavier chefs knives.
I still have not needed to sharpen the blade, after cooking with it about 4 nights a week for 2 years. It's been used to cube squash, slice roasts, smash garlic, pit avocados, and pretty much anything else you'd do in a kitchen. Slicing cheese is pretty easy due to the little depressions along the side of the knife, which help the cheese not to stick as badly. Basically, I use it for a lot of things that it's not necessarily designed for, but it does a great job every time.
While I always cut on a chopping board or block, and handwash my knives, I don't consider that to be treating them with kid gloves. Frankly, I'm impressed my knives have done so well these past couple years. The quality of construction is impressive.
This santoku is my go-to knife in the kitchen, and if I ever need to replace it, I'll be going back and getting the exact same one. Well worth my money.

0 comments:
Post a Comment