LEM Products #10 Stainless Steel Clamp-on Hand Grinder

LEM Products #10 Stainless Steel Clamp-on Hand GrinderBuyer beware this item does not have stainless steel blades or plates. The cutting knife had rust on it right out of the box and the plates are shipped in small baggies with plenty of oil covering them (stainless steel does not require packaging in oil). The appearance of the grinder itself is quite nice, much nicer than the typical cast-iron models that you normally see, but that's about where my positive experience stopped.

Second major issue with this item: I have a 1.5" thick counter top, and the clamp would not open wide enough to mount. If you remove the rubber feet (which, in my case were white slip-on feet unlike the black shown in the picture) and the cylindrical plastic piece that covers the bottom of the clamp, you might be able to mount it. I would say that this item would mount nicely to a counter with a thickness of 1.25". If you don't care about your counter finish, you can mount it on 1.5" but you will need to remove all of the rubber / plastic from the grinder that keeps your counter protected.

Third, and probably the biggest issue, is that the cutting knife, which needs to come into contact with the plates, does not ride on the plate smoothly. I don't know if this was due to the threads being off or the blade mount being machined incorrectly, but the bottom line is that the knife was not in constant contact with the plate (which is needed to get a good grind).

Put my husband right to work making sausage! He had a great time experimenting. No complaints with product; but, he discovered that if you are going to grind chicken, use the larger holed plate. Chicken was mush with the smaller holes!

Buy LEM Products #10 Stainless Steel Clamp-on Hand Grinder Now

I read the reviews of other grinders and decided that his one was the most sturdy-no plastic parts or electric gizmos to fail.

It was easy to use and turned the roast into ground beef in record time and at a nice saving. Next time, I will make the coarser grind, but there will be lots of next times.

I got so tired of paying steak prices for decent ground beef, and those tubes of ground something scare me. Who knows where they came from.

I figured my price for lean ground beef at about $3.69 per pound. Knowing when and where it was ground, gives me the confidence to serve it medium rare if I wish.

This grinder is never going to break.

Read Best Reviews of LEM Products #10 Stainless Steel Clamp-on Hand Grinder Here

Excellent grinder. It's just like the meat grinder my grandmother brought over from the the old country. She has had hers forever! It works just like it. Great buy and worth every penny. The grinder and plates are all stainless steel, very important. This grinder will out live me and can passed down through the generations.

Want LEM Products #10 Stainless Steel Clamp-on Hand Grinder Discount?

The blade has to be turned out to rub against the plate otherwise it won't cut the meat and you will have mush. I wish it had a larger opening thread on the auger like their bigger models have. It's still a nice machine.

Save 3% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment