J.K. Adams 17-Inch-by-9-1/2-Inch Large Ash Wood Wave Knife Tray

J.K. Adams 17-Inch-by-9-1/2-Inch Large Ash Wood Wave Knife TrayWhen I open my knife drawer, my friends exclaim "ooh, Ahh" how beautiful. This product makes for a great quantity of knifes and looks terrfic. Also I have easy access to all my knves.

The item pictured is the J.K. Adams Medium Wave Ash Wood Knife Tray, not the large version. With the large, the steel sits in the middle of the tray with room for three large and four small knives on either side. It is also a lighter shade of wood than depicted. It can be seen on J.K. Adam's website, but even that one doesn't match what was actually delivered in one to me significant respect. The dowels that run cross-wise though the bottom of the product are not flush with the sides of the tray as shown, but rather stick out nearly one quarter of an inch on either side. This not only gives the tray a less polished, craft fair kind of look, it brings the total width to just under ten inches (as opposed to the 9 1/2 inches specified) which in my case made it just a hair too wide for the drawer I had picked out for it.

Overall the tray seems reasonably solid, though I was also disappointed with the quality of the finish and the way it was packaged. There are two small rough, splintery patches across the top that will require sanding. The item came in a stiff plastic wrap with a label that was stuck to the top of the product with what looks like the rubber cement type adhesive you typically see, but turned out to be some kind of semi-liquid goo that smeared all over the wood and was difficult to clean off. It had also oozed into the knife slots and it was a real pain to clear it out.

I like the overall design and the way it holds my large knives, so I'll probably keep it. But if I had to do it all over again I think I'd explore some other options.

Buy J.K. Adams 17-Inch-by-9-1/2-Inch Large Ash Wood Wave Knife Tray Now

This knife tray is very well designed, solid construction and fits nicely in my 2nd kitchen drawer. It holds 6 large knives and 8 steak knives, plus the sharpener. It's the perfect place to have all your good knives in one spot and keep them in top notch condition (and off your counter which is important to me). The shipping was super fast as well! Thanks.

Read Best Reviews of J.K. Adams 17-Inch-by-9-1/2-Inch Large Ash Wood Wave Knife Tray Here

This drawer insert is a good and functional knife holder. It is a good size and holds all the knives a typical kitchen would have. The construction is good, and I think it would hold up to normal use for your lifetime, but it is stapled together rather than screwed.

Want J.K. Adams 17-Inch-by-9-1/2-Inch Large Ash Wood Wave Knife Tray Discount?

Great product. Saves counter space and allows me to make a sharps drawer that's off limits for my children. I finally found one that fits perfectly and fits all of my knives (including steak knives) without wasting space. In my drawer (approximately a 10"x20") it allows a little extra space in the front for my scissors, other sharp items and a childproof lock. Handles are easily accessible given the design. Look at the picture carefullly. The black area next to the block is just extra drawer space covered by a felt liner (not part of the product). When it's in your drawer it's just the wooden part. Still, I love it and would recommend it as a must have to moms and a great kitchen addition to others.

0 comments:

Post a Comment