Fk White Series Chef'S Knife 13051603

Kyocera Revolution Series 7-Inch Professional Chef's Knife, Black BladeI bought this knife recently as a work knife at my job. I am a professional chef and I am experienced and well educated on cutlery. This is the second ceramic knife I have bought, the first was dropped by a co-worker and that knife shattered. I love working with ceramic knives because they are the sharpest knives around,period. Nothing is sharper. It glides through food. It requires a bit more care, but if you take good care if it ,it will last a lifetime. This knife is very versitile in the 7" model and very resonably priced. Perfect for meat and fish, slicing, fruit and vegatables. I can cut perfect slices, juliannes, and very fine dice. I laugh when I hear people talk about " my shun knife" or the extremely over-rated "my henckels". They are good all right but very expensive and they will NEVER be as sharp or hold it for as long as a ceramic.

Now, I will say this knife has one thing I don't care for. While the handle is extremely comfortable and feels oh-so-natural( it actually helps cutting in a mechanical sense by design),if the handle is greasy or oily (when cutting steaks from large cuts or dealing with certain fish it can get oily from handeling) it becomes slippery. Not good for a knife as razor sharp as this. Just keep it clean, protect it from abuse and you will have a knife like no other for alooooong time. In a home I suspect it will not be subject to the rigors I put it through, therefore this knife is a great value for the home chef. I would put this knife up against Shun or Henckles or Wusthof any day.

I'm not a professional chef.........I just have a bad case of "chef envy". Recently got this knife based on the chef's recommendation LOVE it. Extremely sharp, as are all the Kyocera knives. Very well balanced and comfortable to use. I have a full set of top of the line Henckels love them too but I find myself reaching for the Kyoceras for most jobs because of their sharpness. This knife allows you to slice through large onions and get really thin slices with ease. Goes through meats like butter. This 7" knife is a new addition to the Kyocera line, and I'm glad they added it. The Revolution blade is a little heftier and the black blade is very cool looking.

Don't be fooled by cheaper imitations if you're going ceramic, go Kyocera. I was given a less expensive starter set from Linens N Things. They weren't Kyocera and they were a disappointment and waste of money.

In my opinion, this knife, a paring knife, and 5" slicing knife are must haves for serious cooks. Expensive but worth every penny. In the case of Kyocera, you get what you pay for top quality.

Buy Fk White Series Chef'S Knife 13051603 Now

I prep for a large restaurant 6 days a week and use this knife for nearly everything. It has stayed sharp for well over a year of hard work. Considering the store pays a company almost 2 bucks a week to sharpen each steel knife, the knife has "DOUBLE"

payed for itself already and I have yet to send it off to get sharpened. Yes, some people complain you cant use it like a steel knife with prying open things or that its fragile. Really people.... its a knife! you should be careful not to drop it, and using ANY knife to pry things open will cause damage to any knife. all in all a great knife, kinda cheap handle, that has a potential to lose grip when wet or oily.

Read Best Reviews of Fk White Series Chef'S Knife 13051603 Here

I'm kind of reluctant to write this review. Particularly since a professional chef seems to favor this knife in a previous review but I have a particular issue with this knife that I feel I have to point out for others. I like the quality of the knife. It feels very nice in the hand, very well balanced though obviously feels a bit fragile since it's made out of ceramic. I have no issues with the quality or the fragility of the knife.

The issue I have is that the sharpness of the blade is not all that impressive to me. My favorite steel for blades is VG-10, which I think is the best all around steel since it is very easy to sharpen and also holds an edge for a decent amount of time. I have a few knives made out of VG-10. I tested this knife out after using a VG-10 kitchen knife for a long period of time time and I have to say that for the cost, the sharpness just isn't all that impressive to me with this ceramic blade. I sharpen my own knives from home and while I'm not an expert by any means, I've been able to achieve the same sharpness just using some Arkansas sharpening stones. This is as sharp as the knife gets obviously so as it dulls down it will be even less impressive to me.

My test consisted of cutting celery and basically the knife made fairly clean cuts but they weren't smooth. I'm not getting hair splitting sharpness or a razors edge cut. I expected the knife to be much sharper than this so I can't say it was worth the price to me.

Want Fk White Series Chef'S Knife 13051603 Discount?

Kyocera ceramic knives are a work of genius but very different from steel. They are unbelievably sharp and hold their edge for many months of daily use. You should know however that there are two significant drawbacks. When the knives finally become dull, you cannot sharpen them yourself but must send them to factory service in Los Angeles. The Kyocera people return them quickly, and in fact will sometimes replace broken items with brand new ones free of charge without being asked, but of course it is still inconvenient. Second, the ceramic is brittle and fragile so the edge chips easily. If you try to pry with it, it will break right off.

Overall it is more practical for everyday to use quality steel knives you can sharpen easily yourself. I do recommend having one or two ceramic knives in your collection for items like tomatoes.

Save 2% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment