Cuisinart Ceramic 5-Inch Santoku with Plastic Handle and Break Resistant Blade

Cuisinart Ceramic 5-Inch Santoku with Plastic Handle and Break Resistant BladeI prefer doing 8" chef knife duties with a shorter utility knife when I'm cooking for one or two in my closet size kitchen which leaves less room to maneuver a larger knife. Ceramic means I probably won't have to sharpen it, or even worry that leaving it around dirty or wet will ruin the blade. This fat rubbery oval handle is more comfortable than any triple tang rectangular handle, and while much lighter than a steel knife, the weight is evenly distributed. I know the tomato thin slice test is standard, but for me the real test was being able slice clean through my nori seaweed jacketed sushi without disturbing it's content and this knife did the trick where all my other straight edge or serrated knives had failed (always re-wet your knife between slices into a sushi roll since the starch inhabits each new cut). A local bed and bath chain may have this cheaper than what you'll find online. Cuisinart was smart to include the plastic blade jacket for added storage safety from cuts, portability, and help prevent the blade from getting shattered between uses. If you are still skeptical, see all the glowing reviews here on what appears to be a very similar utility size knife; Kyocera Revolution Series 4-1/4-Inch Utility Knife, White Blade yet the deeper Cuisinart blade is safer for fine slicing work as it helps keep the blade safely angled against your knuckles thus away from your fingertips so if you want a shallower blade, perhaps you should play it safe and consider a shorter paring knife instead.

These knives are junk. Chipped cutting up vegetables the second day. Thought it was a defective one, purchased another and it chipped cutting fruit the same day. Will never purchase another ceramic knife too fragile and not perfected yet.

Buy Cuisinart Ceramic 5-Inch Santoku with Plastic Handle and Break Resistant Blade Now

Love the knife! I will be buying another one in hopes that the one i got was somehow defective. Only had the knife one week, using it 4 times and it's chipped twice cutting fruits.

Read Best Reviews of Cuisinart Ceramic 5-Inch Santoku with Plastic Handle and Break Resistant Blade Here

I really don't understand the complaints about this knife. My wife got me one for Fathers Day last year. It was incredibly sharp and cut much more smoothly than my much more expensive steel knives. Although the knife did eventually get dull enough that I could run my finger on the edge, it still cut through meats and vegetables with ease. It lasted 1 1/2 years before my son broken it trying to crush garlic (he learned the hard way that ceramic does not bend). Maybe these others did not understand the limitations of ceramic.

We just bought two more, one for our house and one for my son to take to college.

Want Cuisinart Ceramic 5-Inch Santoku with Plastic Handle and Break Resistant Blade Discount?

I loved this nice when I first bought it from Bed Bath etc. It works great to chop veggies and even tomotatoes until one fatal day when it chipped. I was crushed as it worked better than most of my metal knives. I was just about to purchase a bigger one. Now..I don't think it will be worth the investment. I would rather pay top dollar for something that lasts than something that works great for a "minute". Wish it came with a warranty or made to not chip.

Save 59% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment