Wusthof Classic Ikon 8-Inch Bread Knife, Creme

Wusthof Classic Ikon 8-Inch Bread Knife, CremeIt is a snap to slice bread with these knives. I use it to make Bruschetta on a frequent basis. Very sharp.

Wonderful knife, the Wusthof Classic Ikon are excellent knives. I usually get a Creme handle bread knife for a set of regular knives so that the bread knife is easy to find. I have purchased several for myself and as gifts. I find the German knives are the best for gifts as opposed to the Japanese knives as the German are heavier and less delicate, slightly less brittle metal, easier to resharpen, hold up much better and will not rust when left wet. The damascus folded metal Japanese knives will slowly develop small rust spots over time as it is imposable to maintain perfect formulation and consistency of stainless steel alloys when doing the folding. The Japanese knives are unique and the more expensive brands are beautiful and truly excellent if cared for carefully however they are brittle and prone to tiny chips in the cutting edge and the mentioned rusting if not dried after use. Leaving them in the sink wet is totally unacceptable where the German knives will generally be OK. The best knife I have is a Japanese folded metal $240 for one knife, but the best overall and by far the best for gifts are German especially the Wusthof Classic Ikon. I have purchased many knives of many brands for gifts and am only trying to help others benefit from my experiences.

Buy Wusthof Classic Ikon 8-Inch Bread Knife, Creme Now

Wusthof makes outstanding knives. No question. But from online images at Wusthof and here, I thought these particular knives--the Classic Ikon Creme--would be a lovely addition to my kitchen. I liked the cream-colored look so much more than the standard black (or stainless) so ordered three of them: the bread knife, the paring knife, and the chef's knife.

I was unpleasantly surprised when they arrived to see that the handles (not the blades) appeared "dollar store" cheap. They had very little weight to them and actually gave the appearance of being cheap plastic. I was initially astonished, then dismayed, then bitterly disappointed. I have no doubt that the knives themselves are of excellent quality. Wusthof is known for that. But I was so disappointed with the look and feel of the handles that I didn't even bother to try them out. I re-wrapped them within a half-hour of receiving them and notified Amazon that I wanted to return them.

It's a shame really. I would have been proud to have a set of Wusthof knives in my kitchen. Probably another of their collections would have more than satisfied me, but I ended up going with the recommendations from ATK and got knives that are not only better looking and of equal quality but were much less expensive.

Wusthof has a good reputation for quality. And it has some lovely knives. What a shame this Classic Ikon Creme is not among them.

Read Best Reviews of Wusthof Classic Ikon 8-Inch Bread Knife, Creme Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment