Wallace Corsica Gold-Accent 65-Piece Flatware Set

Wallace Corsica Gold-Accent 65-Piece Flatware SetWhen I ordered this set I was expecting to receive a Wallace set like the one I currently have, I was very disappointed to see that it was not the same weight as my current set and that it was stamped China which my current set does not have.

For years my 3 little kids fought over who gets the golden spoon in my house at dinner time. You see, for my wedding gifts, someone (el cheapo idiot) just gave me one golden plated spoon and told me to buy the rest. Problem was that I could not find where this person bought it. And my three children fought teeth and nails to be the special person handling it. After a while this got really old. Along came the Wallace Corsica sets. I found them on the internet but could not get them because they were back-ordered for close than a year. Finally they came back.

Pros:

1. Elegant.

2. Still shiny after 5 months of use(I bought 2 sets)

3. Light. If you are looking for the heavy American feel, like Oneida, do not buy this set.

4. Gold plated.

5. They have an oriental appearance, if you are into those things.

6. A lot less expensive than Oneida and Lenox.

Cons:

1. Made from China. Yup, even though the company was in the US.

2. Being light.

Summary:

I am again the hero for buying the right stuffs---at least for now. Like I said I got two sets from Amazon with free shipping.

Buy Wallace Corsica Gold-Accent 65-Piece Flatware Set Now

I actually, ordered these because a reviewer said, they were disappointed because they were not heavy like her other set.. Just want we wanted: great for casual dining, no flipping off the plates, tipping over glasses (because of being heavy). Nice looking, too! OK, I admit I was handing washing them, but gave it up and used top rack in dishwasher. Worked well.

Read Best Reviews of Wallace Corsica Gold-Accent 65-Piece Flatware Set Here

I purchased this set about a year and a half ago to replace an Oneida stainless steel flatware set. The price of the set has actually decreased by $25 since I purchased it. I use 8 of the 12 settings for everyday use and have kept 4 of the settings as replacements. Fortunately, I haven't had to use any of the replacements yet. The pieces are medium weight. They don't bend easily, but will buckle under significant pressure.

This stainless steel flatware set is no comparison to real silverware, but for the stainless steel category, the Corsica is top of the line. The gold accents on the Corsica make the set very distinctive and add a bit of flair to the dining experience. The basket-weave design at the base and neck represent the hand woven nets and baskets that fishermen use to make a living. The Corsica set looks exactly like the Wallace Aegean Weave sterling silverware set that retails for around $12,000 for a 12 place setting. The Corsica set has all of the fine detailing of the Aegean Weave set at a fraction of the price.

While the description on the Amazon product summary for Corsica says to hand wash only, the website of Lifetime Sterling (direct seller of the Wallace brand) states the following about stainless steel flatware:

* When cleaning your stainless steel flatware in the dishwasher; make sure not to crowd the pieces in the baskets to ensure each piece gets thoroughly clean. Also, avoid the hot drying cycle.

* Keep stainless steel flatware in separate baskets in the dishwasher as direct contact can permanently damage the items.

* Keep detergent to a minimum, avoid lemon-scented detergents and avoid detergents containing chloride, which can damage your flatware.

* Rinse your flatware immediately after use to avoid stains; food that is left on flatware to dry may leave stains. Also, don't leave it standing in water for a long period of time to avoid damage.

* If your stainless steel flatware does stain, using a worn toothbrush or fine natural-bristle brush, gently scrub the stains with a paste made from water and baking soda, and rinse thoroughly with warm water.

I would add the following:

* Place knives pointing down in a separate dishwasher basket from the rest of the utensils to minimize the contact of the sharp edges with the other utensils.

I always wash these pieces in the dishwasher and actually use lemon-scented detergent. I have also accidentally left some flatware pieces in standing water for a day. Thankfully, none of the pieces have any stains or damage. The pieces of the previous Oneida set that I had would stain after just two hours when they were left in standing water.

I really like this set and the gold plating makes it looks very regal -even better than the sets used at fancy restaurants. Treat yourself with a very elegant, better than restaurant style experience when you eat at home! Every time you look at this set, you will remember the hard work that you do, just like the fishermen with the fish nets and baskets. You won't be sorry with the purchase of this set!

Want Wallace Corsica Gold-Accent 65-Piece Flatware Set Discount?

Finally after years of looking for this product, I found another set of Wallace Gold-Accent flatware online and it is every bit as wonderful as my existing set. Great product!

Save 38% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment