Henckels Five Star Series 7-Inch Santoku Knife with Hollow Edge

Henckels Five Star Series 7-Inch Santoku Knife with Hollow EdgeI have never had good knives before. After looking around and trying a few on for their feel, we picked a few of these five star knives and put them on our registry. Excellent wedding present! And this is the most useful of all our new Henckel knives. Not a day goes by when I do not marvel at this knife. I've never before been able to thinly slice tomatoes without a serrated edge! Slicing lemons or veggies is like going through soft butter, but with precision.

I highly recommend this knife.

This knife is no less than awesome. It does everything a traditional chef's knife does, and then some. It chops and dices almost effortlessly, but it also slices razor thin slices of vegetables that make presentation a dream. The knife feels solid, balanced and strong, and the hand grip is perfectly contoured to fit the hand a far superior grip to the Wusthof, which is thinner, straight and flat. I recently purchased Global's highly rated 8" Chef's knife too I love it, but not quite as much as the santoku. The deeper blade on the santoku makes cutting and slicing a bit smoother, especially with thicker foods. Buy one and enjoy it is truly a staple of the kitchen.

Buy Henckels Five Star Series 7-Inch Santoku Knife with Hollow Edge Now

For years I did not understand why anyone would pay over $12 for a knife. Then I tried this Henckels Five Star knife just to see what the mystery was about.

Wow, what an excellent tool. It makes all the difference in cutting everything. It is an essential kitchen tool. You name it, everything cuts better with a good knife. I also suggest you get either a hand steel sharpener or a hand diamond sharpner. I tried a motor driven vibrating type sharpener and it is junk. (See my other review on such a product.)

Read Best Reviews of Henckels Five Star Series 7-Inch Santoku Knife with Hollow Edge Here

This is my third Henckels and first santoku-bladed knife, and now that I've used it for a week I can say that I'm not a fan of the santoku blade. If you're used to working exclusively with a long (8") chef's knife and using the whole blade (tip for detailed cutting, length for chopping, etc), you'll have a hard time adjusting to the santoku blade. It's a great knife for slicing and chopping vegetables and so will save some wear on my other knives, but it's not going to replace either of my two 8" chef's knives as my favorite kitchen tool. I *love* the ergonomic handle, however, and am already considering getting a new Henckel's chef's knife just for the handle.

Want Henckels Five Star Series 7-Inch Santoku Knife with Hollow Edge Discount?

This item was purchased for my father. Both of us own knives from Henckels 4 star line, which for him, the knives have held up over twenty years, including time working as a chef. The quality of these knives makes them the type you own for life. This particular knife is excellent for cutting vegetables. The scalloping breaks the vacuum between knife and vegetable, making it easier to make multiple cuts in a row. The steel is a high quality, that retains an edge for an extended period of time. The handle is ergonomic, and the knife itself is well balanced.

0 comments:

Post a Comment