Cuisinart 10X Series Ceramic 2-Piece Set

Cuisinart 10X Series Ceramic 2-Piece SetThis is the best value I could find for a ceramic paring knife and peeler. I originally bought this to cut limes for lime-aid or mix-drinks. I also cut vegetables for stir-fries but my steel knifes were not doing a good job on thin or delicate cuts. The claim on the packaging says this knife is 10x sharper that steel. Well, I don't know how that could be quantified, but it is significantly sharper and easier to cut fruits and vegetables. The increased sharpness makes it much easier to cut thin water chestnuts, tomatoes slices and lime wedges.

The only draw back is that there is no sheath for the paring knife or cover for the peeler. I would never recommend storing these super sharp utensils loose for 2 main reasons. You could easily cut yourself just brushing against the edges of these things. Second, because of the brittle nature of zirconium dioxide (ZrO2; also known as zirconia) the blade could easily be dulled chipped or break off. When I opened the plastic bubble pack I only cut the bottom and right side so I'll reuse the packaging to store them. I'm assuming this was a cost cutting decision by Cuisinart but it is something to consider if you have inquisitive children or no knife block like me.

I've seen warnings elsewhere against washing ceramic blades in a dishwasher. However the Cuisinart packaging says it's ok to wash on the top rack only. Again like being stored lose in a drawer I could see where it might bang against other utensils and dull, chip or break. But what if it was washed alone in a plastic cage?

Works better than expected--Could not choose a better knife. Really,really--WHY do you need SO MANY words for all your reviews?

Buy Cuisinart 10X Series Ceramic 2-Piece Set Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment