Chef'sChoice AngleSelect Knife Sharpener

Chef'sChoice 1520 AngleSelect Diamond Hone Electric Knife SharpenerI have been sharpening knives for more than 60 years. I require my knives to be sharp enough to shave my arm. This sharpener has done that with every knife I own.

I own a Gerber Chef's knife. It is no longer made. The Gerber food knives had the hardest steel and were a devil to sharpen. Because it was so hard, I could not get this knife sharp so it just sat in the knife safe. In less than five minutes, this sharpener made my old Gerber sharp enough to shave my arm. It is now my only Chef's knife.

The final sharpening stones work like a fine sharpening steel. It makes the edge straight and perfect. A few passes on this final stage keeps the knives sharp. After getting the knife sharp the first time, you should use this stage many times before you need to use the more aggresive first stage.

You must be careful. Knives sharpened with this sharpener will cut you -I did it twice, and I know how to use a knife. My wife did it once. You must get used to sharp knives.

The advanced mode of using either 15 or 20 degree sharpening is great for me since I have one of those oriental knives that want 15 degrees.

It is quiet and fast. If you want it sharp. This is the one;

Wil

I am somewhat of a craftsman and have been addressing knife sharpening with stones (manually) for many years. This was an arduous task as honing is an art that requires time, patience, and most importantly, precision to maintain a 20 degree angle. To be frank, I elected to give up knife sharpening by hand. I did my homework and read many product reviews before purchasing the Chef's Choice model 1520. It was expensive but, no more so than buying multiple stones of varying grit plus my time.

Upon sharpener arrival, I immediately went to work on our knife sets. Was I impressed with this tool yes!! It was fast. The sharpener took only 20 minutes to do my entire drawer. It was precise as it held both the 20 degree (German knives) and 15 degree (Soduku knives) angles by virtue of the tool's design. The finishing hone provided the edge which the diamond faced stone had prepared. I warned my wife that the paring knife was sharper than new but, she cut herself anyway.

I also had a Gerber 7" knife which was 10+ years old. Gerber is out of business now but, they were renowned for manufacturing knives which had the ability to retain an edge. That is, their knives were made from very, very hard steel. However, all knife edges succumb to time/use and my knife died years ago. I could not sharpen the Gerber knife with my stones so it mostly sat in the drawer. The Chef's Choice made short work of the Gerber's dull edge by returning it back to the sharpeness I remembered and wanted.

I then did my neighbors knives and, on the following weekend, my daughter's household knives. Very fast, very sharp. I justified the sharpener as an heirloom for the daughter. In the meantime, I will keep the neighborhhod sharp.

Buy Chef'sChoice AngleSelect Knife Sharpener Now

If you have knives that require the 15 degree angle, this sharpener is for you. It gets blades extremely sharp.It is very easy to get the hang of sharpening and blades are razor sharp in seconds. If you don't use Asian type knives, get the 120 or 130 which offer more sharpening options for Western type blades as they have three slots as opposed to 2 on the angle select.

Read Best Reviews of Chef'sChoice AngleSelect Knife Sharpener Here

I have Henckel knives in both the American/European and Japanese knife angle and after reading Cook's Illustrated review of knife sharpeners, I decided on this recommended model. The instructions were easy to understand, my knives are sharper than the results of my previous handheld sharper and my neighbors all agree: if you like to cook, this is a essential product to own. It even sharpened a rustic cleaver that the Mr. brought back from Thailand over 20 years ago that collected dust in my drawer because it was so dull. At the same time of this purchase, I bought the scissor sharper Chef's Choice ScissorPro Diamond Hone and I couldn't be more pleased with the two purchases. If you made an investment in quality kitchen tools, this product will maintain their quality, with little effort.

Want Chef'sChoice AngleSelect Knife Sharpener Discount?

I have always sharpened my knives manually on a stone and never believed that an electric sharpener could get my knives as sharp as I required them to be. Boy was I wrong. After reading reviews about electric sharpeners I decided on the Chefs Choice 1520. The vender that I purchased it from was very prompt in shipping this to me and it arrived in excellent condition. This sharpener exceded my expectations. It is very quiet, and with just a few passes, the edge on all of my cutlery, even the longest filet blades, was razor sharp. Something I didn't believe to be possible. The motor is very strong and doesn't slow down even on my heaviest blades, while sharpening. So far I've only needed to sharpen my knives once as they are holding their edge, after daily use for about three months now. I would definately recommend this sharpener to friends.

Save 24% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment