Calphalon Katana Stainless-Steel 6-Inch Chef's Knife

Calphalon Katana Stainless-Steel 6-Inch Chef's KnifeThis knife feels great in the hand and arrives very sharp.

I am not sure what is the point of the layers of Damascene. The last half inch before the edge is presumably is where the action takes place and it is good, old-fashioned clear stainless. The Damascene pattern is certainly attractive.

Despite report you may have heard to the contrary, the edge of the blade is not straight like a Santoku knife. It curves, more-or-less the same amount as a Henckels chef knife. Having said that, I guess if you are a die-hard chopper you might prefer a big belly Wusthof.

The bolster is very unobtrusive, which I like. The handle is comfortable and tilts up a little, sort of like the Global knives but less extreme.

Did I already say this knife arrives very sharp. Right out of the box you can cut through the stem of a banana almost as if it was celery. Don't let your 8-year old use this knife for cutting frozen bagels ;)

All-in-all it is a really nice knife that I would use all the time if my wife had not taken such a posessive interest in it.

I found this knife in a local store and used a coupon to reduce the price to give the knife a try. It is the sharpest knife I have ever bought or used, and I have used a good number over the years including various German and other excellent brands. The balance and appearance are outstanding. The layered steel is attractive and interesting, but I don't know how much it contributes to the actual cutting, but it looks great. The tapered bolster reminds the user to grip the knife properly (if you are of the "pinch" grip persuasion). It is very easy to use with all kinds of food and cutting chores. It has held its edge with pretty frequent use for well over a year. I like to keep my knives sharp, and so far, this has not needed sharpening. I have bought other Katana knives piecemeal since purchasing this one and have really had good luck and experiences with all except the 5.5" serrated knife: it seemed to shred rather than slice/saw, so I returned it. I have five other Katana knives and plan to build my set piece by piece. I have had absolutely no rusting or cleaning problems, although I do try to clean all my knives as soon as possible after use. Highly recommended for sharpness, balance, use, design, and appearance.

Buy Calphalon Katana Stainless-Steel 6-Inch Chef's Knife Now

Purchased one for $33 and love it. I've had the Calphalon essential set for about 3 years and have been happy with the balance and handling. I mainly use the 6" utility and the 3 1/2" pairing knife. However,I found the thickness of the blade on 7" chef knife to make it slightly dull for me on many task. The katana knife is in a entire different league from Calphalon's orginal set. It cuts with very little effort and has great balance.

Read Best Reviews of Calphalon Katana Stainless-Steel 6-Inch Chef's Knife Here

Admittedly, I am a bit of a knife-buying nut. I love kitchen knives and own chef's knives and santuko knives from Wusthof, Henckels, Kyocera and Furi.

This Calphalon Katana 6-inch chef's knife is incredibly sharp and it feels really good in the hand balance-wise. I like the way the handle is shaped, it is very comfortable and the bolster is ingenious. I love the way it looks too! For the price, I'd say you can't go wrong.

I really like it a lot! I have only had it for a few weeks though, but

it seems to be of very good quality and hopefully we'll see how well it resharpens when the need arises.

Want Calphalon Katana Stainless-Steel 6-Inch Chef's Knife Discount?

I have owned countless knifes that claimed to be "good". Needless to say, almost every knife I have owned has been a disgrace until now. The Calphalon 6" Chef (knife) is a superb all purpose knife with several notable features.

First off, the Japanese steel construction is not only very attractive, but also extremely durable. The knife is relatively light and is embedded with a very comfortable, yet ergonomic handle. Note, the knife feels well balanced and non-strenuous in your hands, even under various vigorous chopping, cutting tasks.

I used the knife to cut several vegetables, raw meat, along with raw fish; so far the knife cuts through meat as if it was butter. I had exceptional control while gouging through my various products. You must be sure to wash and dry the knife immediately after use (only hand washing is permitted). Furthermore, this knife is relatively inexpensive; considering the other brands such as shun, this knife is a bargain. Lastly, this product is backed by Calphalon's lifetime warranty.

All in all an excellent product, and I would highly recommend it. The knife has exceptional sharpness, craftsmanship, and style, definitely worth the money.

0 comments:

Post a Comment