Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Four Star 6-Inch High Carbon Stainless-Steel Chef's Knife

Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Four Star 6-Inch High Carbon Stainless-Steel Chef's KnifeWe got one as a wedding present ten years ago. The quality is superb. With a twice-a-year honing, this knife remains incredibly sharp, is well balanced in your hand, and slices with ease even the toughest meats. With careful handling, the blade and handle have not worn at all, and will probably outlive me. One caveat for those who do not have high-carbon steel knives: they do require more care (ex. don't put in dishwasher, don't let blade touch other metal, don't use crude electric sharpener). Don't let the babysitter try to pry-off bottle caps (sadly, the matching 3" paring knife met its end this way). If you appreciate fine quality in this age of throw-away, this is a knife one could be happy with forever.

I bought this one today, my first high-end cutlery purchase. It's so worth the price. I spent a lot of time in the store handling the different brands of knives, getting a feel for their construction and how they sit in the hand, and this one was definitely the best. The blade is a thing of beauty, and the handle is incredibly comfortable, not likely to hurt your hand a bit after long periods of continuous cutting. When I got it home, it performed just as beautifully as I expected. I'll definitely be saving up for more Henckels Four-Star knives.

Buy Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Four Star 6-Inch High Carbon Stainless-Steel Chef's Knife Now

This has been my favorite knife for years -I had it so long I can't recall when I got it. I already had an excellent set of Sabatier knives, but the handles were a bit thin and had somewhat sharp corners. One day I had occasion to use a Hencklels Four-star, and instantly fell in love with the voluptuous handle. It felt soooo good in my hand. Note that I have largeish hands, if you have smaller hands this might not be the knife for you.

I already had a 10" chef's knife, so I chose this 6" "sandwich" knife (that's what they called it back then). It has been my workhorse for years. I can put an edge on it that will shave hairs off my arm (but not quite off my face :-). Alas yesterday the blade snapped while cutting a sweet potato. No bending or twisting, just pressing down pretty hard, and bing! Mind you it had received daily use for well over a decade, if not two.

Now that I have to replace it, I think I'll go with an 8" blade. This 6" size was just a tad small for general purpose use, and I have plenty of other smaller knifes. I may get the 8" equivalent of exactly this knife, but am also considering the W'sthof Grand Prix II 7-Inch Fine Edge Santoku Knife. I'm hoping that design will keep my knuckles from bumping into the cutting board.

Here's a free tip: when pushing food around on the cutting board, use the BACK side of the knife. Don't drag the sharp edge across the board.

Read Best Reviews of Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Four Star 6-Inch High Carbon Stainless-Steel Chef's Knife Here

I had said knife 20 years, but replace it because a home-care-giver had stolen it! (see...they know a good knife when they see it!)

Want Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Four Star 6-Inch High Carbon Stainless-Steel Chef's Knife Discount?

I just wanted to write this review to let everyone know that this knife is very good and worth the money you'll spend, however in my opinion Henckel knives have one flaw. I can't stand the little metal piece at the bottom of the blade. It's a sort of finger guard they built into the design. I cooked for a living for three years and had the opportunity to use everything from a 25.00 plastic grip knife we used to bust up lobsters all the way to hand forged Japanese $500 knives. If you are super picky about your knives that little piece of metal will drive you nuts because it hinders the sharpening of the last inch or so of the blade. Overall I would get a Global knife if your looking for something in the same price range. It is a lighter knife but excellent quality. If your looking for something with enough heft to chop a Volkswagen bug in half the Henckel still might be for you.

Save 20% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment