Kyocera Revolution Series 7-Inch Professional Chef's Knife

Kyocera Revolution Series 7-Inch Professional Chef's Knife, White BladeI bought this knife after seeing how they are made on a television show. I have been very pleased with it's performance.

The knife is only for cutting through flesh fruit, vegetables and boneless meat only. Do not expect to use this knife on bone-in meat without chipping the knife.

As far as cutting, it is very sharp. I get clean and easy cuts, including frozen meat. I was running late making dinner one night, pulled out a package of frozen chicken breast and chopped it into slices in no time.

The manufacturer recommends this knife be cleaned and stowed immediately after use if you leave in in the bottom of a stainless steel sink, be prepared for a dull and/or shattered knife (when you forget the knife is in the sink and you drop in a heavy pan). Hand wash only!

My only gripe is the handle. As mentioned in other reviews, it is very smooth with no features to grip it can get slippery with prolonged use.

This knife is very sharp. It is also more fragile than most steel knives. Wife was totally pleased with it until she dropped it and chipped the blade on the ceramic tile kitchen floor.

One of the things she likes best is the way it does not bruise or darken fruits(apples) and vegetables(lettuce) after cutting.

Buy Kyocera Revolution Series 7-Inch Professional Chef's Knife Now

Everyone should own a ceramic knife if not several. It manages to always stay sharp and is my go to knife everyday. I will caution you that it is rather brittle, and cannot withstand being dropped on hard surfaces. I have had one of these knives for several years, and have broken the very tip of it off, but otherwise it has held up very well (I'm very careful with it). I don't, however, but it in the dishwasher so maybe that has helped. I love this product and suggest anyone to try it for themselves.

Read Best Reviews of Kyocera Revolution Series 7-Inch Professional Chef's Knife Here

So, when my father wanted a ceramic knife for Christmas, my sister bought him the Kitchenaid brand from Target; with in the week it broke. So when he wanted a replacement, I was skeptical about buying another one. We searched and compared then finally came up with this one. After a week of using this knife, I was pleasantly surprised and my father was a happy person again. It didn't chip or break in half (like the other one) and his faith in ceramic knives was restored.

Please note, if you have never used one of these knives before, there are cutting restrictions mentioned by the manufacturer. Read over those and these:

-do not cut : frozen items (father cut frozen cheese, knife broke in half), bones, or very hard cartilage.

-great knife for: fresh bread, veggies, and thawed meats.

Want Kyocera Revolution Series 7-Inch Professional Chef's Knife Discount?

It took a little while to get use to how lightweight the knife is. It's sharp enough to do surgery! With reasonable care -, e.g., don't chop, stab or pry or drop on a hard surface, it will last a long long time. The ceramic material is not as flexible as steel so keep that in mind. It works brilliantly for dicing, slicing, julienning. I have barely used my mandoline since purchasing the knife. Also be sure to handle the knife properly by using a knuckle as a gauge and keep your finger tip away. I would never let anyone else borrow this knife because they would cut themselves. Let them buy their own. I gave one to my brother and demonstrated proper cutting technique first.

Because it is *so* sharp, one can neatly slice things that normally require a serrated knife: bread, cake, tomatoes.

7" size is very versatile. Highly recommended to the serious cook. By "serious", I mean a person accustomed to using knives in the kitchen.

Save 6% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment