Fagor Michelle B. 3-Piece Prep Cutlery Set

Fagor 670040920 Michelle B. 3-Piece Prep Cutlery Set, BlueOver all, I'm happy but not thrilled with these knives. They are reasonably sharp, but not super sharp. The color looks like the photo online, which is good, since I love that color. These knives are slightly smaller than I would like if these knives were slightly longer, I would like them more. My main complaint however is that the blade covers do not fit snuggly nor consistently. The covers fit adequately on two of the three knives (not snug, but adequate), but the cover is very loose on the other one. It is so loose that if I pick the knife up out of the drawer, the cover will fall off of its own accord. Not a great safety feature in my opinion. I thought I would use these knives more often for slicing fruit and vegetables, but I wind up using my large Oneida knife 90% of the time, even for smaller jobs like fruit. That is probably because the Oneida knife is sharper and also because, if the fruit or veggie does wiggle a little bit, the knife is still long enough to do the job. In the future, I will probably pay a little more for one knife that is the same size or slightly larger than the largest knife in this set, rather than rely on this set of knives.

I have purchased 2 of these sets. Like it so much I bought another for a gift. Excellent quality for the price.

Buy Fagor Michelle B. 3-Piece Prep Cutlery Set Now

I really like this product and would recommend to friends if they need inexpensive blue cutlery. It was a good purchase.

Read Best Reviews of Fagor Michelle B. 3-Piece Prep Cutlery Set Here

I guess I was expecting too much from an inexpensive knife set. These really disappointed me. One of the three knives actually felt sharp, the other two were dull feeling right out of the package. They feel cheap. The color is nice, but I think I actually would have preferred if the blade had been a different color than the handle.

Want Fagor Michelle B. 3-Piece Prep Cutlery Set Discount?

I was looking for a few sheathed prep knives that had a non-stick resin coating on the blades. I also didn't want to pay Kuhn Rikon prices. I am a fan of Michelle Bernstein, and have found Fagor to make quality utensils and cookware, so I thought I would give these a try. The quality was good for the price. The handles were light but comfortable, and felt as though they had some kind of non-slip coating, though I could be wrong about that. I especially liked the santoku. However, I returned the set because the utility knife was only partially serrated. I had plannned to use it to cut breads, so this was a big flaw.

0 comments:

Post a Comment