DMT VEE DiamondVee Pull-Through Countertop Knife Sharpener

DMT VEE DiamondVee Pull-Through Countertop Knife SharpenerI ordered the Diamond Vee sharpener to replace one I've had for years and years. The old one worked fine, just getting a bit shop worn and had a nick in it. Since the old one was such a great sharpener, I suspected the new one would be as well. Surprise, surprise! The new Diamond Vee is worthless. I think it may have actually dulled the blade. I tried to slice a tomato after sharpening a knife with the new Diamond Vee and it wouldn't nick the skin! I ran it over the old one a couple of strokes and it sliced the tomato like it was water! I think I will drop this baby in the trash where it belongs! Glad I didn't throw the old one out. I may keep it forever!

I received a new knife that had a badly rolled edge on it. Rather than sending it back I decided to get one of these and re-profile the edge myself. This was a hard steel alloy (S30V) so I knew it would take some effort. By the time I got the edge back to the proper angle, the diamond abrasive surface was completely worn away. I got one sharpening out of it for 30+ dollars. I think the sharpener will work well for soft 440 stainless knives like you have in your kitchen or your swiss army knife for quite a few uses, but forget about it for quality knife steel. The adhesive they use to bond the diamond dust to the rods is not strong enough.

Buy DMT VEE DiamondVee Pull-Through Countertop Knife Sharpener Now

I have a few DMT products and they are all great, except for this one ! This thing does not work as advertised at all. Using a regular sharpener is much better. My chef's knife was much duller after I used it. I had to go back to regular DMT sharpeners to get it to cut well again.

Read Best Reviews of DMT VEE DiamondVee Pull-Through Countertop Knife Sharpener Here

We have had our Diamond Vee sharpener for about 15 years now, use it regularly and it still works great. Unlike a lot of electric sharpeners, it does not chew up the blades, just adds a fine super-sharp edge to them. The sharpening rods are in the perfect angle to get a great edge every time. It is also very safe the hand guard protects you while sharpening. One of the most useful kitchen tools I own.

Want DMT VEE DiamondVee Pull-Through Countertop Knife Sharpener Discount?

I learned about sharpening knives commercial fishing. It's impossible to fillet salmon and halibut with a dull knife. I learned to use big oil bath and water stones, which give the best results of all. But for ease of use around the kitchen on knives up to 9", a V sharpener is easiest to use and gives quite satisfactory results. Of those, the DiamondVee is my favorite it's hard enough for good stainless knives, lasts at least five years with moderate use, and while it takes a little practice, it's something a rookie can master in short order. I still use a big water stone for larger knives as this just isn't big enough to work the tip, but for everything else this is my choice.

Save 32% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment