Dexter Russell Sani-Safe Orange Handle 5 1/2" Boning Hook

Dexter Russell Sani-Safe Orange Handle 5 1/2' Boning HookI wish I had purchased a set of meat hooks years ago. As a line cook I didn't often have to lug around large pieces of dead animal and so this isn't usually something you find in most restaurant kitchens, let alone homes. I do a lot more butchery now, and while I don't work in meatpacking or at a butchers' shop, I see these used at at the local slaughterhouse, and they appear to stand up to professional-level usage. It certainly makes moving half carcasses much easier and safer, especially if you don't have a rail. It has a highly grippable and comfortable handle and does an excellent job of keeping hands and fingers out of the way of a razor sharp knife. Very easy to clean and sanitize, does not collect fat or other junk in any crevices. I use these often at work, and if I did any kind of hunting or home butchery I'd have at least a couple of them lying around. They are extremely pointy and sharp -I keep half wine corks on the ends of mine, as they live in my kitchen toolbox and I find puncture wounds to be unpleasant.

If you're one of the relatively few people who needs to own meat hooks, these are ones you'll want to have.

My husband used this boning hook for our first home-butcher experience of our cow. It did exactly what it is supposed to do: hold large chunks of meat so that you can carry them with ease. We actually wished that we had a few more for the rest of us that were helping! Very durable, holds the meat easy, and is comfortable on the hands. It was able to hold quite large pieces with ease. Highly recommend!

Buy Dexter Russell Sani-Safe Orange Handle 5 1/2" Boning Hook Now

Ordered this after being recommended by a butcher as a helpful tool when processing my own mid size game. He said that these brands of hooks are the ones used by commercial and wholesale butchers.

When it arrived I was pleased with the quality of construction. It should last forever. This hook is more of a tool than I am a butcher! Ha ha.

Read Best Reviews of Dexter Russell Sani-Safe Orange Handle 5 1/2" Boning Hook Here

The product arrived on time and appears as advertised. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I am looking forward to trying it out this fall.

Want Dexter Russell Sani-Safe Orange Handle 5 1/2" Boning Hook Discount?

Although I can't complain about the hook it self, I am totally unhappy with this purchase. If the item being sold is just ONE, then don't put two of them in the picture. Especially when I could have bought the exact same one for $8 elsewhere. I went ahead with the purchase thinking I was getting two of these things and it would have been cheaper to buy this thru Amazon when tax and shipping cost was applied to the $8. I thought I was getting a deal but instead I feel ripped off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment