Cuisinart BDH-2 Blade and Disc Holder

Cuisinart BDH-2 Blade and Disc HolderThis is a handy addition to the food processor. If you have one of these, I am sure you might have discovered as I did just how sharp the blades are. I nicked myself more than once trying to grab my blade out of the bowl where I kept all of the attachements for this. This stores all of the basic disks and dough attachment as well as the chopping blade. There is room for one more disk in addition to what comes with the set. This making keeping your blades and disks in a handy place. My only complaint is the latch that keeps it shut, is a little aggrivating. You must twist the latch by pulling it out, and not just to the side. I couldn't think of a better way to keep everything together!

This product works well in storing your blades and other parts, but good luck getting them out of there! Once the top closes, it locks shut, preventing your items from jumping out? In order to unlock the lid you have to pull this teeny tiny knob and then turn it WHILE you are pulling. The problem here is that there is no grip on this knob, and if you are in the kitchen, half the time your hands are soaking wet or greasy, so with no grip on this knob, you can run into some trouble. To alleviate this problem, I've replaced the knob with one similar to that of pin ball shooter, it has a convex shape with a knob at one end, giving you better leverage when opening the lid.

There is just one last thing I will say about this too, BE CAREFUL WHEN PICKING IT UP. Don't put your hand through the bottom like I did and slice open your finger!!! There is no base to the base of this product, meaning when you pick it up from the bottom, all the blades are protruding from beneath it!

I'm giving this thing 2 stars, one for doing it's job of storing things, and one for the price. The other three missing stars are for the horrible design flaws in this item.

Buy Cuisinart BDH-2 Blade and Disc Holder Now

This is listed as an accessory for the DLC-5 7-cup food processor on special. However, it works with all Cuisinarts *except* the DLC-XP, DLC-X, DLC-5 and LPP. This would have been nice to know in advance!

Read Best Reviews of Cuisinart BDH-2 Blade and Disc Holder Here

I am disappointed in several aspects of this item. The first is that the cutting accessories for the DLC-5 Cuisinart do not fit in the box, despite being shown as an accessory for this processor on Amazon. Additionally, it is quite large and bulky, requiring more space than the food processor itself!

Most importantly, I specifically purchased this item after reading reviews about how sharp the Cuisinart cutting blades are and how great the Blade and Disc Holder is for keeping the blades away from children. This is *not* a child-proofing device. The entire bottom of the "box" is open. While the cutting edges are protected when the holder is locked and sitting on a counter or table top, you can easily cut your fingers by picking up the holder and sticking your hand inside through free access on the bottom side.

Want Cuisinart BDH-2 Blade and Disc Holder Discount?

I like being organized as well as the next person, but based on the other reviews warning that this holder does not fit the blades for all Cuisinart models, you might consider doing what I have done for the last 20 years. I bought a small, rectangular plastic basket for about a dollar, and simply store my discs and blades in that. The discs sit vertically in the basket, and it's easy to pluck out the one I need. Simple and inexpensive solution!

Save 54% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment