Chef'n Slicester Cheese Slicer, Apricot

Chef'n Slicester Cheese Slicer, ApricotI like this slicer for several reasons. It is easy to use, safe and creates slices that are even all the way to the bottom. The handle is a comfortable size and shape to grip and feels secure in your hand. The unit will accommodate a cheese block as wide as 3 1/4". The roller is adjustable allowing for three different slice thicknesses, from an 1/8" to 1/4". I found the adjuster a bit hard to turn so I've selected the size I like most and just leave it there most of the time.

There's a spring action built into the cutter that isn't evident when looking at it, but allows the blade to descend all the way to your cutting surface giving an even slice from top to bottom. I've only used the cutter on cheddar and block cheeses of similar firmness so can't speak to its performance on other types, but am very pleased with the slices on those I've tried. The blade is not sharp so might not be good on hard cheeses. The holes in the blade are good for letting each slice fall away rather than sticking to the cutter as happens with some types.

I don't like the spatula/plane type slicers with the slot in them because the slices are too thin to suit me and I can never get them even. I've tried the T shaped slicers with the wire, but get annoyed that I can't get all the way to the bottom of the block so after several slices I have a sort of tongue of cheese left at the base of the block. The cheese cutting boards with the wired lever can work until the wire breaks, but since I'm left handed, they aren't ideal for me.

I'm always trying the latest gadget for cheese slicing and have finally found one I really like. If, like me, you haven't been satisfied with traditional slicers, you may find this is the answer. It sure does a great and consistent job for me.

First off, I will say it is easier to clean than my "board and wire" slicer. Just toss it in the dishwasher. Other than that, this is a great idea and I wanted to like it but it is fundamentally flawed.

First of all it only has three thickness settings, not an infinitely adjustable dial. For me, the thinnest was too thin and the next setting too thick.

It is difficult to cut even slices, especially on the thinnest setting.

You are limited to slices the size of the thin side of supermarket block cheese such as Cabots (about 3 inches max). If you have a bigger chunk or a wedge, or want a bigger slice, forget it.

Overall, too limiting for my use. It has gone in the trash and I've gone back to my "board and wire" cheese cutter.

Buy Chef'n Slicester Cheese Slicer, Apricot Now

This product really is perfect for slicing cheese.

This past Sunday it got its first good try out, since we sliced up about 5 blocks of cheese for the superbowl. Using this tool I was very easily able to slice a block in just a couple of seconds and each slice was the exact same size. The cheese slice might be a bit thicker than some people like, but I don't mind a thick piece of cheese. If you press the cheese firmly up against the plastic the metal blade will cut the perfect slice each time.

Read Best Reviews of Chef'n Slicester Cheese Slicer, Apricot Here

This cheese slicer is made of plastic and it isn't sturdy at all. The cheese never comes out in a single thickness because the inner arm isn't held in place at all. I bought it hoping it was as handy as it looked, but it was a terrible waste of money.

Want Chef'n Slicester Cheese Slicer, Apricot Discount?

This is a great cheese slicer for burgers, sandwiches and more. The thinnest setting may produce too thick of slices for some applications. The more I've used it though the more I like it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment