Totally Bamboo 20-2038 Bamboo Cutting Board Set, 2-Board Set

Totally Bamboo 20-2038 Bamboo Cutting Board Set, 2-Board SetWow, these are terrible. I was really excited about them but they are terrible for two reasons. One, they stink. Really bad. And it doesn't matter how many times you wash them, they still stink. And second, they shed like crazy. There is no way of getting all the tiny fibers to stop coming off of these boards. Terrible, terrible product. Don't make the same mistake I made.

These are good cutting boards but the smell is bothersome to me. I am afraid to use this board to cut certain foods because of fear of contaminating my food with the smell. The quality is very good and it definitely will not harm your expensive knives, but buyer be aware of the smell.

Buy Totally Bamboo 20-2038 Bamboo Cutting Board Set, 2-Board Set Now

I have had cutting boards before, some great, some not-so-great, and currently have two very large ones hand-crafted out of maple which I have had for years and which are wonderful for big jobs. They have held up well over the years with the proper care. I had been considering purchasing more for sometime, particularly in smaller sizes as use one of the large ones for such tasks as slicing a single tomato or onion is a bit of over-kill.

I found these in Amazon Warehouse Deals for $7.99 (and eligible for Free SuperSaver Shipping). I placed them on my wish list and ordered them the other day to round-out an order to over $25 to qualify for Free SuperSaver Shipping. I have never had bamboo cutting boards before, but decided to take a chance on them. I must say the grain in them is gorgeous, and I was surprised by the light weight, having used the much heavier maple cutting boards for so long. As I have only had these for a little while I cannot yet comment on their longevity, but will say they seem to be constructed as well as any of the other cutting boards I have seen out there.

These are perfect for smaller jobs, and now I don't know why I waited so long to try them. The smallest one is perfect for slicing a single tomato or onion. The larger one is perfect for a loaf of home-made bread. While I will still use my larger cutting boards for the bigger jobs, these are a nice addition to our kitchen ~ and Amazon Warehouse Deals had them here on the date they estimated they would ship them. I am very pleased.

Read Best Reviews of Totally Bamboo 20-2038 Bamboo Cutting Board Set, 2-Board Set Here

Excellent quality and just the right sizes to produce efficiency in the kitchen when prepping foods. I never used bamboo cutting boards before and was surprised how well they work. No warpage like my old plastic ones, either. Hard enough to stand up to repeated cutting and dicing but soft enough to prevent premature dulling of knives. What a wonderful idea. I highly recommend this set. The value for the money is very high.

Want Totally Bamboo 20-2038 Bamboo Cutting Board Set, 2-Board Set Discount?

These are wonderful cutting boards and perfect for my small kitchen. They are half the thickness of other wooden cutting boards and pleasingly lightweight, but very strong and rigid. With a small kitchen and limited counter space, I cannot leave my heavy maple cutting board out on the counter all the time. Have been using a plastic cutting board for everyday chopping, as it's easily stored by propping against a counter wall out of the way, but I hate plastic boards. These thin, lightweight bamboo boards are the ideal compromise solution for me real wood, easy on good knives, very good looking boards, strong and solid, but lightweight and thin enough like the plastic boards to deftly prop against a wall or in dish rack out of the way when I need the counter space for other tasks.

No bad smell at all on my boards. Baffled by the nasty comments from "John Kong" and "Daniel Orr". And "shedding"?? That's crazy, shedding what? The boards are not "flimsy" either. They are just not writing about the same product I have in my hands. Or they are trolls...

I'm so glad I bought these boards, I'm thinking about buying another set to stash away for future use. This cook is delighted with the product.

0 comments:

Post a Comment