Ginsu Kotta Open Stock Series 4-Piece Japanese 420J2 Stainless Steel Steak Knife Set with Limited L

Ginsu Kotta Open Stock Series 4-Piece Japanese 420J2 Stainless Steel Steak Knife Set with Limited Lifetime WarrantyI purchased a set of these knives between three to four years ago and am just now noticing that they are getting dull. However, I have put 'heavy'/daily use on them and until now they have been the best knives that I have ever had! Considering the price of the knives and how long they last with heavy performance, I still think that they are a great buy and I am going to purchase another set. I should be more descriptive and add that my knives used to cut flawlessly through a tomato but now I have to push in hard and make deep depressions into the tomato before they will pierce the skin. So they will still cut through steak and vegetables, just not like they did when they were new. I have also washed them in a dishwasher and also by hand and never have they rusted. I hope that this review helps someone out!

I'd been dealing with a steak knife set that I hadn't been happy with for a while. Remembering how well the original Ginsu knives had worked, I did some searching and came across this stainless steel set. I took the plunge and ordered a dozen knives, at this price if they were garbage, I'd throw them out. They arrived today and I must say I was quite impressed at the look and feel of them. They have a heftiness to them I was glad to feel, unlike the lightweight set I was about to discard. I tested them on some leftover steak I had in the fridge....they cut it like butter! I'm delighted beyond belief. Sure you can spend 10 times this amount on steak knives, but I doubt you will find ones that do the job better. Looks, feel, quality and a bargin basement price. Trust me!

Buy Ginsu Kotta Open Stock Series 4-Piece Japanese 420J2 Stainless Steel Steak Knife Set with Limited L Now

After the knives I was using all broke, I needed new every day cooking/dining knives. The knives I was replacing had a micro serration design but not as aggressive as my good set that I will describe shortly. I wanted a low cost and durable knife that performed as good as the knives I was replacing. Let me describe my good set, the benchmark I use to compare knives.

The best thing I can compare with is a knife set is I've had for over ten years and still performs great, but I can't seem to find this type any more. This is the knife design I rate all knives I've used against and none have been better. This knife is called TechKnife Classic made by Mendix(have been bought I suspect). These knives have a one side micro serrated edge within macro serrations that appear to be computer optimized in some way because its a very complex multiplexed serration. These knives don't "chop" but rather "saw" food. I routinely and consistently slice onion slices 1-2mm thick and tomato slices 2-4mm thick without even thinking about it. This design will 'saw' through raw beef round roast like bread, but I notice fat will accumulate within the complex serration design and have to be pulled out occasionally. If some one knows where to obtain this design, please reply. But onto to my purchase experience.

First I bought a set of Oneida solid SS single sided serrated steak knives. I was impressed at first of how sharp they appeared to be, but once I used them I realized a single edge common serration design performed poorly to my other knives of past. Onion slices were ragged and the slicing was difficult to control. Tomatoes were much better, but again meat had a torn not sliced quality about it. I took those back.

Then I tried the Ginsu model above. Even though the knives performance was still slightly below the TechKnife design, they actually beat or meet the other micro serration knives I was replacing even thought the blade thickness is a little thinner than I like. Onions are good at 3mm, tomatoes the same. Meat cuts rather cleanly also. I attribute the performance to the fact that even though the serration is a unique take on a conventional serration, both sides of the knife are serrated allowing for very clean cuts. As the knives dull, I would imagine they would still cut rather good because of this also. I would say look no farther for low cost, high performance cutlery for everyday use.

Now I never used a supposedly really good non-serrated blade that can be re-sharpened (mainly because I can't see paying hundreds of dollars for strips of stainless steel), but anything that I had passed down to me of that type performed rather poorly. Granted they may have needed sharpening, but I really can't see investing in a whole knife laboratory to to keep sharp knifes when obviously a technology exists to make really, really good knives that perform quite well for ten years, before you throw them away. I don't believe my good knife set cost more than $100 at the time.

Read Best Reviews of Ginsu Kotta Open Stock Series 4-Piece Japanese 420J2 Stainless Steel Steak Knife Set with Limited L Here

Product was very good. Cuts well, looks good, and knives have good weight to them.

Want Ginsu Kotta Open Stock Series 4-Piece Japanese 420J2 Stainless Steel Steak Knife Set with Limited L Discount?

The Ginsu website says the blades are made of commercial quality, stain & rust resistant, 420 J2 stainless steel that is well-known for it's sharpness and strength. The steel tang extends into the handle.

Of course these aren't the best steak knives on the market, but they are affordable and get the job done. The serrated blades never need sharpening...a plus for me because I always make knives duller when I try to sharpen them. I was surprised to find the knives are a little bit heavy. With 5 months use, I haven't had any problems with rust. I even put them in the dishwasher. I'm satisfied with my purchase.

0 comments:

Post a Comment