Chef's Choice 415 Exact-V Diamond Hone Manual Knife Sharpener

Chef's Choice 415 Exact-V Diamond Hone Manual Knife SharpenerThis sharpener is overly complicated for the results. It's bigger and harder to use than one of those little $6 carbide/ceramic two stage V-sharpeners, and the results are no better. This sharpener does work pretty much as advertized, but you can get as good or better results with a little pocket V-sharpener, for about $35 less.

One advatage of this sharpener over a simple V sharpener is that it does put a double bevel. This is a technique of sharpening where the main blade bevel is, in this case 20 degrees, and the honed edge is at a slightly wider angle, 24 degrees in this case. Ideally this gives a more durable edge and allows you to re-sharpen with just a quick hone. Even with this fact, and the compulsion I'll have to use it just because I spent $40 on it, I don't see myself using this over my pocket V-sharpener.

I have since purchased a couple of other knife sharpeners. This one was "OK", but kept falling apart on me. I ended up purchasing a "Chefs Choice" Electric Knife Sharpener and gave this away to my oldest son. It works if you can get it to stay together.

Buy Chef's Choice 415 Exact-V Diamond Hone Manual Knife Sharpener Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment