Victorinox 7-Inch Granton Edge Santoku Knife, Rosewood Handle

Victorinox 7-Inch Granton Edge Santoku Knife, Rosewood HandleI cant tell you how much I love this knife.I have been working in kitchens since I was 15 (I'm 26 now) so I have been through a few knives.for the price I cant fault it.The knives I usually use are Wustof or Global.they are amazing knives and are of very good quality.the down side is they can be very hard to maintain,and when you lose the edge it will be very difficult to get back,near impossible if you don't know what you are doing,but this knife is so easy to sharpen to almost scalpel sharpness.the blade is very thin so I'm always using it on veg and fish and other very delicate tasks.It does feel like a cheaper steel but then again I think it matches the price.There are a lot of chefs just out of culinary school in my restaurant who buy the best of the best but they do their knives no justice.I have only had the knife for four months,I'm not expecting lifetime usage out of it,but think about this,if you walked into a professional kitchen and see a 10 year classically trained vet' using a cheaper knife compared to a wet behind the ears just out culinary school Gordon Ramsay wannabe using top of the range knife,you just have to think to yourself,why is the better cook using a cheaper knife?

I'm only giving it 4 stars because it is only my second santoku knife and I still like the western style chef knives just for that rocking motion you can achieve.other than that,the Japanese know what they are doing and they have kick ass style of knives.

Victorinox 7-Inch Granton Edge Santoku Knife, Rosewood Handle

I've owned Victorinox knives for a long time, when my french knife finally had to be put down (I loved that knife, had it for 16 yrs.) I bought a 7" Santoku with the Rosewood handle. Flawless performance, superlight, razor sharp, easy to hone/sharpen, this has become an instant favorite. Nimble and accurate, EFFORTLESS to use, let me emphasize that again, EFFORTLESS to use!!! I'm not a pro chef, but I do a lot of cooking, and this knife delivers like no other. It is hands down, the most bang for the buck value available in any kitchen knife. If you want to spend a pile money just to say that you have latest "it" knife, by all means, go right ahead, if you would like to get a high quality knife that just performs and aren't worried the least bit by what some cooking school geek says or what the food show personalities use, this is the knife to get. The entire line of Victorinox knives are equally as good. I also highly recommend their bread knives. The 8'' French knives, with the fibrox handles, are used in more commercial kitchens than any other brand. Just buy it, you won't be disappointed, and if you are, well.........take a cooking class!

Buy Victorinox 7-Inch Granton Edge Santoku Knife, Rosewood Handle Now

I have cooked a great deal of food over the past 35 years. Sometimes I've cooked for 100+ people. I've also had summers where every dinner served at least 12 people.

I am also a writer, and have advocated the use of good (sharp) knives many times. I've mainly preferred the Japanese made Santoku knives. I used a steeling stick often to keep the nicks and bumps out and never put them in the washing machine.

My knives would frighten my friends when they watched me cook.

Heck, I didn't know what a knife was until I got this one!

It used to be that, even though my knife would slice easily through vegetables, I could always "feel" the cutting action. Even when I could hold a leek over a garbage can and cut off the end section in one go.

But THIS KNIFE! Like BUTTER! I'm getting verklempt! I cut through vegetables and have to look to see the slice, because I feel NOTHING! I've never been able to slice through potatos as if I were cutting through, not butter, but AIR! AND, the potatos didn't stick to the knife, the way they usually do.

I've got a lot of knife replacing to do!

PS I used to use 8-inch knives, and I do plan to purchase some, but the 7-inch size is very nice and light feeling.

Read Best Reviews of Victorinox 7-Inch Granton Edge Santoku Knife, Rosewood Handle Here

This knife is perfectly balanced in your hand. I didn't know what "perfectly balanced" really meant until I held this knife. The rosewood handle not only looks good, but is extremely comfortable. The blade, as with all Victorinox knives is razor sharp. If you haven't bought a Victorinox kitchen knife before, but have a few Swiss army knives, the sharpness does not compare. The kitchen knives are infinitely sharper out of the box. If I had to compare this blade edge to a pocket knife out of the box, I would say it's in the same category as Spyderco blades. You will not be disappointed with this knife and it will quickly become your "go-to" knife when you need one in the kitchen. To give you one example of how sharp it is, it cuts through a stick of frozen butter as if it were a stick sitting out on the counter at room temperature. And don't let the sharpness scare you off. The sharper the blade, the less force it takes to make your cut and with less force there is less chance that the blade will slip.

I should also mention my wife used to be a chef so she has a bag of high quality kitchen knives, BUT she always grabs for this one when she makes anything! It is a super light, yet high quality knife.

Want Victorinox 7-Inch Granton Edge Santoku Knife, Rosewood Handle Discount?

I love this knife. Very very sharp, and keeps an edge well. I also have the bread knife and 8 inch chef's knife. The handle on this knife is a bit smaller than the handle for the chef's knife, so if you've got smaller hands, it might be easier to handle.

Save 33% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment