Taylor Wireless Thermometer w/ Remote Fahrenheit Reading - For Grill

Taylor Wireless Thermometer w/ Remote Fahrenheit Reading - For GrillI own this device and I have a charcoal grill on my patio. Now I can put my "beer can chicken" on the grill for "about an hour" and know when the temperature gets within 20 degrees, then 10 degrees, the exactly at the target temperature of 165 in the breast meat. Love it. However, it is $16 cheaper at Target.com

The interface of the main unit is nice and intuitive. I had no problems figuring out how to use the features. The remote is somewhat irritating with the warning beeps at 20 degrees and 10 degrees from target. Especially when slow cooking where the temp may fluctuate a bit resulting in repeated warnings every time the temp crosses one of these thresholds.

My main complaint is the probe. At least I'm assuming it's the probe. I've used similar probe thermometers for years, so I am aware how careful you have to be with the probes. I treated this one with kid gloves, never letting the cord crimp or get any moisture anywhere near where the wire enters the metal probe. Yet after only one use, the temp now reads 275F in the air. The thermometer is now of no use to me other than as a clock.

Buy Taylor Wireless Thermometer w/ Remote Fahrenheit Reading - For Grill Now

This seems to do a decent job. In fact, it's entertaining. I already own a Taylor, unit sans the pager, for our indoor oven. It's provided years of service. I look for Taylor products after a pleasant experience with their customer service a few years ago. As for this unit, it's a real hoot when the pager goes off to let you know the food is done. Do not limit it's use to meat. You can cook potatoes, soup, a loaf of bread and even a cake in a barbecue so long as it is properly covered and the heat evenly distributed. 350 degrees of heat is the same whether it comes from a home oven or a barbecue.

Read Best Reviews of Taylor Wireless Thermometer w/ Remote Fahrenheit Reading - For Grill Here

My Husband had a similar thermometer and when it broke we never replaced it. After watching America's test kitchen recommend this product, i went right to Amazon and ordered it asap! It was an anniversary present. He has not used it yet! But I know he will love it!

~thanks

Want Taylor Wireless Thermometer w/ Remote Fahrenheit Reading - For Grill Discount?

0 comments:

Post a Comment