MADE IN USA! Liberty Tabletop "Pinehurst" 18-10 Flatware Set 65 Piece

MADE IN USA! Liberty Tabletop 'Pinehurst' 18-10 Flatware Set 65 PieceI like this pattern a lot. The hammered finish is very nice looking. The stainless is excellent quality. I have had the set for several months now and I have not seen any rust spots at all.

My main reservations are that the teaspoon and salad forks seem smaller than normal. Also the knife handles are not as heavy as a solid forged knife. I also worry that the handles might come loose at some point. Overall... the Liberty set feels lighter, smaller and cheaper than the less expensive Ginkgo set I had before.

I was also disappointed in the polish work of the Liberty set. Many of the forks have sander marks on the sides of the metal instead of polished to a smooth finish. I ended up polishing some of them with my own Dremel tool to make them shine. (You should not have to do your own silversmithing on a brand new set...)

Frankly I preferred the Ginkgo set I had before this one... except for the fact that the Ginkgo set was made from 18/0 steel that rusted frequently. The Ginkgo set just feels more substantial and the finish work on the Ginkgo set is vastly superior. (And the Ginkgo set is 1/2 the cost.) The only advantage that the Liberty Pinehurst has is superior 18/10 steel that does not rust in the dishwasher.

I think that Liberty should have done a better job of finishing & polishing edges of the forks & spoons. I think that Liberty should consider making the set larger and more substantial like the Ginkgo...

Save 10% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment