CulinHome Melrose Collection 8-Inch Chef's Knife

CulinHome Melrose Collection 8-Inch Chef's KnifeI like this knife, but it only stayed sharp for maybe a few weeks of constant use and then had to be sharpened. other then that, nice and heavy, sleek look, great grip, but you will need to invest in a knife sharpener.

The rest of my knife set is cheap junk, but I couldn't stand for the primary Chef's knife, which accounts for about 85% of my kitchen knife usage, to be so junky. I replaced my set's knife with the CulinHome Melrose Collection 8-Inch Chef's Knife, and couldn't be happier.

I've gotta say this item is severely underrated, and perhaps that's because at its current price point it is targeted towards those who want a cheapy knife that they can toss into the dishwasher. No good knife is going to be completely dishwasher safe. This knife is somewhat in-between, meaning you can let it sit with water on it for several minutes without worry, but still needs care and really shouldn't be tossed in a dishwasher (although it is pretty cheap, so you decide if the convenience is worth it).

The knife easily, and most importantly, cleanly cuts through most objects thrown at it. My previous knife had a terrible habit of not cutting through bell pepper completely, meaning just a tiny bit of skin would be attached, which meant when dicing I would have to go back and manually pull pieces apart. This goes through bell peppers with ease, but that's not really too hard a task. Carrots, squash, zucchini, it cuts cleanly and easily. The only thing I can think of that even gave resistance was a whole raw potato, but it still went through pretty easy and cleanly, just felt like it was cutting through a sticky substance. It cuts neatly through meat and poultry.

The knife also does not hold an edge very well, but it does in fact sharpen very well provided you have the right tool; I recommend the AccuSharp 001 Knife Sharpener.

The solid body is a pro and a con. The pro is the easy clean; with how sloppy I am preparing raw chicken, I couldn't imagine having a wood handle again. There's also not really any area for the knife to "break" at; if anything, the tip would chip off, but I couldn't imagine a way for the handle to break. The largest con happens to be it can be slippery. I've never had it slip, and at least it is ergonomically designed so you can grip it, but I could see if you didn't have a strong firm grip and your hand was wet, this could easily slip.

Not getting too specific or scientific with exact measurements, I can say that this performs at a class above its price point, but not at a professional level. Because of this, I can say the knife is a great addition to amateur and home chefs, as it makes cooking far easier and more enjoyable, so long as you don't run it in the dishwasher, remember to clean and wipe off after use, and purchase a good knife sharpener.

Buy CulinHome Melrose Collection 8-Inch Chef's Knife Now

I am not a chef. I am a regular Mom who cooks for her family. I love this knife. It's beautiful and has a good weight, not too heavy. The packaging says it's "made from surgical grade stainless steel..." It's "smooth and seamless design with no joints and gaps will prevent bacteria growth." I recommend it.

Update: I took off one star because it's acquired some rust stains. I wash it usually in the dish washer.

Read Best Reviews of CulinHome Melrose Collection 8-Inch Chef's Knife Here

I like the aesthetics of the knife, it has a wickedly sharp edge, and it's comfortable to use. However, the balance is off, for me too blade-heavy to become my everyday knife. Still a nice value, and I definitely do use it often, if not all the time.

Want CulinHome Melrose Collection 8-Inch Chef's Knife Discount?

Would purchase this again. Forgotten I had gotten it until last week. Solid, doesnt slip out of my hand. Washes easily and no hidden crevices to catch food or droppings. Excellent for the price paid. Weight is just fine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment