Portmeirion Botanic Garden 20-Piece Flatware Set

Portmeirion Botanic Garden 20-Piece Flatware SetI just received this yesterday, it is gorgeous. You know how you go to a fancy dinner and the flatware/silverware is large and weighty and feels expensive, that's this. Each different item has a different botanic image. Meaning all the knives have one pattern, all the large forks another pattern, and so on. The part that I love the most are the long tines, the part that you fork the food with, they are long, and on the smaller salad forks too. I hate a stubby fork. I may buy another set and use this as my formal flatware instead of the silver-plated flatware I use normally. It's really made well. You'll be proud to use it for guests as well as every day. I can't say enough good things about this set. It is gift boxed for gift giving, really nice presentation.

I purchased this set through Bed Bath and Beyond, so I could see this in person. I am a Portmeirion follower and love most of their Botanic garden series. However, this flatware was a disappointment. It was well made and the flower detail was excellent, but the scale was huge! Imagine a "dinner/soup spoon" the size of a regular serving spoon! I pulled out my regular flatware and lined them up with Portmeirion's set. Portmeirion's flatware is 1.5 to 2 times the size of regular flatware. If you like large forks, etc. this will be great. I am a petite person, so the flatware seems too big! Most of my friends prefer eating with smaller forks and spoons. These gigantic forks and spoons wouldn't be appealing.

I never even tried to eat with this flatware set. Thankfully, Bed bath and Beyond has an excellent return policy. I am disappointed, but happy to have my money back. Compared to regular flatware sets, this one is expensive. If it had worked out, I would have spent the extra money, just because it would match my dinner ware.

Buy Portmeirion Botanic Garden 20-Piece Flatware Set Now

This is truly 1810 stainless flatware set. I mean if you take care of them properly without scratching them, they are so bright as a mirror!

Read Best Reviews of Portmeirion Botanic Garden 20-Piece Flatware Set Here

This is great... and the third set I have bought. I needed more silverware for a big family gathering. It is very pretty, and people did comment on the gorgeous details and shine it gave. I cannot see a downside to this silverware

Want Portmeirion Botanic Garden 20-Piece Flatware Set Discount?

Flatware on a grand scale, oversized like the newest sterling. Designed with a nod to Tiffany's splendid bird pattern, each piece bears a tiny butterfly on the utensil end, and each handle is articulated in exquisite detail. On the practical side, it's well-balanced, substantial, a pleasure to use. Since it's stainless, you can toss it in the dishwasher without a care; it'll emerge gleaming like new. Definitely the way to go, for special occasions or everyday...

0 comments:

Post a Comment