LamsonSharp 10-Piece Forged Knife Set with Block

LamsonSharp 10-Piece Forged Knife Set with BlockI remember as a kid my dad had a carving knife by LamsonSharp. He'd take it out for thanksgiving and easter and then hand wash and dry it and put it away in it's case. He was a meat cutter so he knew knives.

These knives are cast, not stamped, so they feel solid without a lot of flex. They are heavier than low quality knives but not too heavy. The rosewood handle is thick enough that the handles feel more square than cheaper knives (which tend to be flatter). This makes them very easy to hold. They cut through things like a warm knife would cut through butter. Even my wife is impressed by their ease of use.

These are expensive but over the past 25 years we have bought and thrown away dozens of knives. In the long run these should be practical and we'll pass them onto our kids. The factory offers to replace any that become worn or damaged, and to resharpen them for free so there will be no reason to ever throw them away.

I researched and purchased the calphalon knife set. It is nicely weighted, however, I do not know how to hone knives. If I had puchased these, I could have sent them back to be honed. Will be replacing my knives with the Lamson.

Buy LamsonSharp 10-Piece Forged Knife Set with Block Now

I got tired of getting by with cheap knives, and trying to bargain hunt when always, always, you get what you pay for at least when it comes to this kind of product. I've given Lamson carving sets as gifts, ignoring superstition, and gotten appreciation years later. People remember when you believe they deserve top quality.

I got these about a year ago. They work as new. No chips, dullness, and we are dedicated home cookers. We don't dishwasher them just in case it might age the handles, but that's probably obsessive. I think the six inch was judged the finest knife of its kind in a magazine, Bon Apetite? That's my go-to knife for most needs. The bread knife slices like you bought sliced bread. Haven't used the fileters but that's probably my cooking habits. The non-fileting blades are thick, can't say effortless. The balance and heft are extraordinary. Mine came with an extra, Japanese style knife that doesn't fit in the block. Seen it used on the cooking channel. Haven't found it useful for my style, doesn't fit in the block, but a nice knife regardless. Maybe it was a special. There are different handles. Mine is rosewood with a thick resin finish that seems quite waterproof. Make sure yours are drop forged. Lamson also makes stamped. The silvers, these, I think are their top of the line.

As a bonus, you are helping workers in the USA make a living wage. What a concept! If they ever dull, you can send them back and they'll make the factory sharp for the cost of shipping. As a lifetime purchase they're a bargain, and will bring a smile to your face every time you use them.

Read Best Reviews of LamsonSharp 10-Piece Forged Knife Set with Block Here

I was looking for a good set of knives and preferably made in the USA. The LamsonSharp 10 piece set arrived on time and the knives so far are very sharp and seem to hold a good sharp edge. I bought the kitchen shears separately and this was an excellent buy. The Rosewood handles are beautiful, particularly after I applied mineral oil. I didn't give this a 5-star rating because the block that comes with the set is a bit front heavy or light heavy in the back which allow the set in the block to tip forward if you are not careful. This has not been a problem, however and I would buy the set again. I did contact the manufacturer three weeks ago about the block, but have not heard back yet.

Want LamsonSharp 10-Piece Forged Knife Set with Block Discount?

0 comments:

Post a Comment