J.A. Henckels 2-Piece Mincing Set

J.A. Henckels 2-Piece Mincing SetSince I own a B&B, I grow my own herbs. I have owned this mezzaluna for a number of years and it's still going strong; the blades are just as razor-sharp for mincing fresh herbs as they were the first time I used it. The wooden "bowl" has become somewhat discolored, but that's okay by me -it's just beginning to take on that "antiqued" look that I love! This is one of those little-known products that makes you say, "How did I ever get along without this?" You can mince ANY fresh herb quickly and near-effortlessly with this item. I also use it for chopping other fresh vegetables and dried fruit for my scones. The ONLY drawback (honestly) is the design of the blade. The handle resembles the blade so much that you need to be extra careful not to grab the blade instead of the handle -which is why it only gets four stars and not five! If Henckels would revisit this "character flaw," they'd have a perfect product! Oh, and you won't want to submerge the wooden chopping bowl in water for any great length of time (just as you wouldn't want to do that with a good chopping board, either) as it might warp somewhat. Mine did just that, but when it dried completely, it went back into shape -and I learned my lesson -which I'm now sharing with you! This is a product for serious cooks who spend a lot of time in the kitchen preparing quality, fresh food. I ordered five of these and doled them out to friends and family members (who are "serious cooks") for Christmas gifts. They all love theirs! Enjoy your newest kitchen gadget and use with confidence!

Have used the mincing set several times now and for the most part enjoy it. The draw back is the cutter (it is quite sharp, by the way so be careful). Looking at it the cutter looks double efficient however, I've been using it with cilantro, which is clingy anyway and it really gets into the space between the blades. Difficult clearing it out and drying it without getting cut. Hoping for better results with parsely and other herbs. The board/bowl is great. Cleans up nicely.

Buy J.A. Henckels 2-Piece Mincing Set Now

The Henckels 2-piece mincing set works great for fine chopping of herbs. It is the sharpest one I have seen. I agree with some of the reviews that state it is hard at times to distinguish the handle from the blade when you quickly pick it up, so you have to be very aware of this to ensure you don't grabe the sharp cutting blade end instead of the handle. I have been keeping mine in the lightweight cardboard sleeve that it came in. It would be helpful to have a good, strong plastic sleeve to put over the cutting blades. I haven't tried chopping nuts with this cutter, but think it would do a fantastic job.

Read Best Reviews of J.A. Henckels 2-Piece Mincing Set Here

Product works great, but as other reviewers have stated, the all-silver design poses a risk of grabbing the wrong curve. We put a rubber band around the handle to help avoid being cut.

Want J.A. Henckels 2-Piece Mincing Set Discount?

I love this product for chopping garlic and herbs. The dual chopping blade feels nice in my hands and because it's a dual blade, the chopping time is reduced. The chopping block is hollowed out in the center which keeps the chopped herbs from falling off the block and making a mess. It makes chopping and mincing of herbs a breeze. I recently ordered four more sets during a "buy 3 get one free" sale and gave them as Christmas gifts. I am receiving favorable responses from those that received them. Buy it, you won't be sorry!

Save 50% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment