Zyliss Citrus/Kiwi Tool

Zyliss Citrus/Kiwi ToolWow, I have never had such an easy time peeling and slicing a kiwi. Great tool for that tricky little fruit, and it also worked well for slicing a banana while I was at it. I have tried using a spoon in the past, this is sooooooo much easier and neater.

For years, I have ignored two of my favorite fruits; kiwi fruit and oranges. But no longer as I have discovered the Zyliss Citrus/Kiwi Tool. I don't eat a lot of oranges because I don't like biting into the orange to start the peeling process. Nor do I like getting the rind and oils under my fingernails. With the Zyliss Citrus/Kiwi Tool all you have to do is score the orange vertically and horizontally with the fin and then use the scoop to remove the peel.

Now for Kiwi's they are notorious for being time consuming and difficult to peel. With this tool you simply cut the kiwi in half with the serrated edge and then use the curved end to scoop down between the fruit and peel. In a matter of seconds, your fruit is ready to eat.

This has become an indispensible tool in my kitchen. The Citrus/Kiwi Took is a well designed, quality tool at a reasonable price.

Buy Zyliss Citrus/Kiwi Tool Now

I bought this to peel oranges. It doesn't work for that. It may work better on kiwis, since one of the reviewers says it works great for that. But it works very poorly for oranges. There's no comfortable way to hold it, the cutter is thick and doesn't score the rind deeply enough, and the blade that's supposed to slide between the rind and the fruit is so thick that it tears the fruit up. I consider it a waste of drawer space. I would not buy this again. The best peelers I've found are the super cheap skinny ones that I use until the plastic breaks, and then buy another one. They fit in my hand well and the point is just right to score the peel to the right depth, and the other end neatly separates the peel from the fruit.

Read Best Reviews of Zyliss Citrus/Kiwi Tool Here

Got this just for kiwi. It works good but is a little longer than it needs to be just for kiwi, but considering it also peals oranges & such I might need to be that large.Once you get used to it it does really work well.

Want Zyliss Citrus/Kiwi Tool Discount?

I bought this tool primarily for oranges. I've tried many different peelers and found this to be far better than others. Now, with any tool it's important to take the time to explore its uses so that it can be used effectively. The design has many features on it, which means lots of choices for how it is used. It is 9 inches long and a bit under 1 inch wide. The dark green part is rubbery and a good place to hold on to. You can really get a good grip when using it because of its size, which I like much more than the cheap skinny peelers.

The only problem I have with it is the super sharp tooth used for peeling. It's so sharp that I nicked my thumb on it recently. This is not a tool for kids. On the other hand, the tooth is thick and made of durable plastic. It will easily outlast the cheap peelers. I just rinse it with soap to clean, there are no grooves or pours to trap food, and at the end of the week I toss it in the dishwasher. It costs more than other peelers, but you get what you pay for here; good design, quality materials, and a satisfying addition to your kitchen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment