Zhen Japanese VG-10 Light Cleaver Vegetable Chopping Chef Knife 7"

Zhen Japanese VG-10 Light Cleaver Vegetable Chopping Chef Knife 7'The Pros.

The design, and ergonomics of this knife are superb. It is well balanced, with a very nice convex grind to the blade. The clip point is extremely useful, and on the other end, the flat heavy pommel on the handle is ideal for crushing garlic, etc. The steel is very hard, and maintains an edge well. The TPR covering on the sculptured handle provides a secure grip at all times.

The Cons.

The biggest design flaws are the so called non-stick texture, (the black band at the edge of the blade), and the awful hollow grind finish that is put on the edge.

My first tests out of the box were disappointing. Totally failed the tomato test, which is to draw the blade backwards 1/2" across a tomato with only the weight of the knife to make a cut. I stone sharpened the edge, and tried again. Nice slices, but the roughened area produces a lot of drag, and the slices stuck to the blade anyway. I also found that the surface is so coarse, that when I first washed and dried the knife, bits of towel fiber were stuck all over it.

I have removed the nasty non stick surfaces from my knife, (I am an amateur knife maker, so don't do this at home), and removed the hollow grind. It is now the best knife I've ever bought.

In retrospect, I would not recommend this version of the knife. I would have to suggest the more expensive Damascus model, which has neither the non-stick band, nor the hollow grind at the edge.

What a quality knife!! It is razor sharp to say the least, the one-piece construction gives a sturdy-feel and good weight when cutting, very well made. The grip is comfortable and I am a big fans of the non-slip design, made it that much safer to use. Better yet, it is so versatile, I can cut meats, vegetables, fruits (you name it) without the hassle of switching back and forth on different knifes. Highly recommended! It will be awesome if I can find some steak knives from them.

Buy Zhen Japanese VG-10 Light Cleaver Vegetable Chopping Chef Knife 7" Now

I got this knife last year as a gift.

I've tried many knifes before and this is the best one I have ever had.

Easy to clean and maintain.

I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good knife.

Read Best Reviews of Zhen Japanese VG-10 Light Cleaver Vegetable Chopping Chef Knife 7" Here

Great design and sharpness. Curvature helps. Time will tell how well it holds its edge. Happy with it so far.

Want Zhen Japanese VG-10 Light Cleaver Vegetable Chopping Chef Knife 7" Discount?

Bought for a gift, the culinary student who received it was impressed of the appearance, noting that the handle was just perfect.

Nice knife!

Save 16% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment