Stay-Fit Lunch 2 Go Container, EZ Freeze

Stay-Fit Lunch 2 Go Container, EZ FreezeI'm actually surprised people have rated this product fairly well; I think they haven't used their containers yet. The lunch container is a good size and will fit a sandwhich plus sides; unlike other small lunch containers. However the directions state to put your sandwhich in a plastic zip lock, so it won't get soggy from the condensation from the frozen cube. Well, I'm trying to reduce trash and not use so many sandwhich bags, so that was a little disappointing.

I used the container and made certain everything snapped on tightly and found every compartment had leaked into the other compartments. Worst of all the items leaked out of the container into my son's lunch bag -ugh a big mess. The items were not even that leaky: pasta, peanut-butter and apples (for dipping.)

The freezer lid is a little heavy either way (frozen or unfrozen.) The freezer cube is attached to the lid, so you have to freeze the whole lid, which is a little weirdbut certainly not terrible. The lid for the utensils is a little hard to open for me, so much more for a toddler.

All in all, its a decent container for dry goods mostly.

It's 5.99 at Target I was so surprised and annoyed because I had just ordered this same product on Amazon for 13.99

Buy Stay-Fit Lunch 2 Go Container, EZ Freeze Now

I gave this two stars because it seems to be well-made and not flimsy, unlike some similar containers I've seen from another brand. And I like that they incorporated a compartment for silverware.

I bought this item at a store, and it was packaged in a box, so I couldn't look inside to discover the following. (And also, I lost the receipt so I wasn't able to return it.)

1. The lid on the condiments/silverware compartment may not last very long. It makes an ominous cracking noise every time I open it.

2. The built-in ice pack is indeed built-in... as in attached to the inside of the lid. I assumed that it would pop in and out of the lid for easier washing, but it does not.

3. Forget about washing, the built-in ice pack also means you have no lid to put (LOOSELY) on top of your lunch when you heat it up. I usually do this to retain heat and moisture and prevent spatter.

4. The lid seems to be leakproof to the outside of the container, but it does not even slightly prevent leaking or transfer between compartments. To make best use of this container, you need three large dry food items. No sauces, juices, etc. Small items (peas, corn) will easily get jostled between compartments as well.

5. Typically, with other containers, you make the food and pack it into a container, refrigerate it, and then when you're ready to go to work, you pack the container with a freezer brick. I'm not really sure how that translates to this container, because you have to freeze the entire lid. So if you pre-pack your food, either you freeze the whole thing, in which case I'm not sure why you need the freezer pack in the lid at all (your food will take a a few hours to thaw even without the freezer pack), or else you've already packed your food in a DIFFERENT container and are transferring it to this one. Which seems like a waste of dirty dishes and effort to me. Or maybe this is a fresh sandwich which you have just prepared. I don't know because I pack my lunches way ahead of time.

It's too bad. This could have been a great product if the freezer gel pack had been removable, and if the compartments were better protected from leakage. People who actually do make their lunch each morning, rather than a few days ahead, might still find it useful.

Update: I wish Amazon would let me change the number of stars on my review to 1. I threw this item out because the problems above render it more trouble than it's worth. (I did keep the spork, though that was the only part worth keeping.) Space in my freezer is tight, and it's just ridiculous to have to put the entire bulky lid in there to freeze the gel pack. Seriously... if only the gel pack had been removable! It's too bad!!

Read Best Reviews of Stay-Fit Lunch 2 Go Container, EZ Freeze Here

I bought this product, then noticed how cheap the plastic looked, which concerned me, so I called the manufacturer and asked if it was BPA free. While the product is BPA free, it is made of polypropylene (as are all of the Stay-Fit products), which has been classified of moderate health concern, and according to the Environmental Working Group, there is "strong evidence" that it is a human immune system toxicant, and "expected to be toxic or harmful" to various organs.

Want Stay-Fit Lunch 2 Go Container, EZ Freeze Discount?

I received this item within days of ordering it before I even thought it would be shipped. The item really does stay cold however, the lid does not seal to where the different compartments stay separate if you carry it slightly wrong on accident, it mixes together I wish this wasn't the case. Other than that GREAT DEAL seriously, in the store these things are $10 a item, you might as well just order it here seeing as it's less than $10 with shipping.

0 comments:

Post a Comment