Smith & Wollensky Steakhouse Knife Set

Smith & Wollensky Steakhouse Knife SetSome friends bought me 8 Smith & Wollensky steakhouse knives for my 30th birthday over 12 years ago. I didn't think I was going to use them because I had just purchased 12 Wustoff classic steak knives (as well as about a dozen other matching Wustoff knives). To my surprise, I have been using my S&W knives every day since my 30th birthday and haven't touched the Wustoff steak knives since. I just really enjoy the heft and serrated edge of the S&W knives -and they make me feel like I'm at a steakhouse. I've been putting my knives in the dishwasher for the past 12 years so the handles are faded, but I still think they look great. In fact, I still put them out for guest even though my Wustoffs (which are basically brand new) clearly look more refined. I've used my S&W knives so much that the serrated edges are now gone and I'm looking for new steakhouse knives to replace them (which brought me to this site). I'm just starting my diligence, but it's already looking like I'm going to buy a dozen new S&W knives. I just love them.

Great knives. They keep a very sharp edge. They are dishwashable. Nothing fades; nothing tarnishes. And, the most important, they feel "right" in your hand; they have a very solid, very rich feel to them. If you like steak, you will enjoy them. To quote Tim Allen, it's a real man's knife.

Buy Smith & Wollensky Steakhouse Knife Set Now

Bought these for my son for Christmas. The presentation is beautiful as a gift since it comes in the beautiful box with the Smith and Wollensky history written on it. I was disappointed that the metal of the knife does not go completely down the entire wooden shaft of the knife. Most better knives do. The metal on this only goes down half way and my son noticed it right away. For the cost of these knives, the metal knife part should go down all the way on the wooden handle. With that said, the knives are very sharp and I am sure will cut through the steaks very well. The pictures on amazon.com do not show the whole knife because they are in the box. You should improve on the pics for this item.

Read Best Reviews of Smith & Wollensky Steakhouse Knife Set Here

These are excellent knives. Very sharp with a nice solid feel to them. They are serrated on the ends which some purist may say forces you to tear the steak as opposed to slice the steak, but that's just BS. I much prefer these knives to my Henckels whose quality seems to have slipped. The handles hold up very well even in the dishwasher.

Want Smith & Wollensky Steakhouse Knife Set Discount?

What else can be said about these knives? Their worth what I paid for them. Certainly not cheap, and certainly not expensive like some fancy branded cutlery.

They're great for steaks. My young son has a hard time cutting steaks, but with this knife, he has no problem.

As of the time of this review, I've only had them for around two months, so I can't speak about durability or longevity, but it looks like it's one tough knife (or knives). It does look like it will last a long time, so I'm not particularly worried.

They feel good in the hands; their serrated edge works wonderfully on steaks and 'chops.

I don't feel like I'm in a classy restaurant as they look so... "cowboy" (rather than "black-tie affaired" restaurants). Heck, they're great for steaks and great for cutting, so that's not really a complaint!

Save 17% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment