Power Opener Extra Tall Can Opener Color: White

Power Opener Extra Tall Can Opener Color: WhitePurchased this for an elderly lady who could no longer manipulate a hand cranking opener.

She is 94 and still loves the ease of opening cans now.

Have you ever been HAPPY when your can opener broke? Mine broke yesterday....and I was extactic with joy! Why? Because I could, with totally clear conscience, now buy another can opener! My can opener, the can opener I had been struggling with for about two years -the Proctor-Silex Model No. 75224 -has and had NEVER easily gripped a can, and when it does (deign to?) actually allow a can to fit between the blade and the holding screw, it often either lets go, so that one must re-position the can one is trying to open, or, if it allows the opening to ontinue and be completed, (after one -or several -tries), it will always give a tiny "burp" when the lever is released, and usually a small amount of liquid is consequently let out -on floor or on counter...

Notice that the can opener I bought was, again, the Proctor-Silex Model 75224. I see it is no longer being sold....that the model I am here reviewing is the 75224 R. I really do hope that the "R" stands for "re-designed", "re-made" -or "reformed". Because if ever a can opener ever needed to go to "reform school"....it was my Proctor Silex 75224. I do norice some differences, though.

My can opener has a knife sharpener -which I rarely used, because using -or trying to use -the can-opening "properties" of the 75224 was so exhausting and frustrating, that I never wanted to use this can opener for anything else, if I didn't have to. I notice that the newer model, the 75224R, does not have any knife-sharpener. Interesting.... Also, the newer model has cord storage, whereas the older model did not.....

So, there ARE at least two differences between the older and newer model.

The main question, however, does the newer model CUT more easily and accurately than the older one?

Well -once bitten, twice shy. I have not bought the newer model, so I really don't know. The other changes, (knife sharpener / no knife sharpener, and cord storeage / no cord storage), show that SOME design differences ARE in the newer model. I only hope that the main feature of any can-opener -the cutting capabilities -have been upgraded, as well.

SHOULD one blame 'the sins of the fathers', upon their children? SHOULD one be wary of buying a newer model, when the older model was SO difficult to use? That depends on your bank account, (this IS an inexpensive can-opener), and your trust -or lack thereof -in the Proctor-Silex company. If the cutting abilities haven't been changed, (yet!), I implore the P-S company to impliment some. If these cutting abilities HAVE already been changed....please, Proctor-Silex, ADVERTISE this improvement, so people will, without hesitation, buy the 75224R.

It, like the 75224, IS a very NICE-LOOKING, compact can-opener, and DOES handle larger cans, (albeit with the same problems I have had with smaller cans, detailed above.)

So, my advice right now is to buy this can-opener if you are brave, adventurous, and have an extra $20 or so to experiment with. And/or give it as a "gift", at thosetimes you really don't want to give a gift -but feel you must. As for myself, I have decided to replace my 75224 with a "One Touch Can Opener".

It works on batteries, yes...but, I tried it at a friend's home, and it worked very, very well.

Buy Power Opener Extra Tall Can Opener Color: White Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment