Mundial 5100 Series 8-Inch Chef's Knife, Black

Mundial 5100 Series 8-Inch Chef's Knife, BlackChef knives escalate in price rather quickly. Mundial is high on value and quality. I've used mine for a long time, the handle and blade are of the highest quality. It is durable, well balanced, and very well made.

The only gripe I have with this great blade is the back of the blade where it meets the handle is rather shallow so after a number of sharpenings and rehoneings, it becomes too shallow to cut the entire length of the blade. For regular home use this shouldn't be an issue, but for long term kitchen abuse, it may need to be replaced after a while. But for the price, I've found no better knife.

If you're a professional chef (well, I guess you would likely know about knives) you're going to be in the market for Wusthof or Henkels or something and this may be a four star product, but for home use this is five stars for sure.

Sorry if the explanation of the problem is a little hard to follow, I don't know how to better say it though.

Noticing that my 35 year old chef's knife was worn and becoming hard to sharpen, my wife bought me a Mundial 5100 8" chef's knife for Christmas.

The grip and balance is perfect, and the workmanship is excellent. I can see no reason to spend more for a pricier brand name. This is a great knife.

Buy Mundial 5100 Series 8-Inch Chef's Knife, Black Now

I love this knife. It arrived fast and nicely packed. It's sharp and the weight I like it's weight because it's heavier than the Dexter's and Mercer's I picked up. There is one VERY painful problem I had with this knife right out of the box. My first day with the knife I was given a box of parsley to chop (about 4 hours of constant chopping and cutting). I found out that the top edge of the bolster is cut at such a sharp angle that after 2 hours of chopping it created a BIG blister on my right index finger at the joint where the finger connects to my hand. My only choice was to take the knife to my electric bench grinder and completely round off the top left and right edges of the bolster so that it is no longer a sharp edge :-) NOW it is very comfortable to hold and I can cut and chop for hours and hours without pain and blisters. I am a happy customer now. But, If I could not have rounded off the bolster the knife would have been just a pretty show piece and useless to me.

Thanks,

David

Read Best Reviews of Mundial 5100 Series 8-Inch Chef's Knife, Black Here

I love this knife I have owned different brand like Henckels and some other. But these knife are by far the better of them. I use them every day at work and would not change that.

Want Mundial 5100 Series 8-Inch Chef's Knife, Black Discount?

It's every bit as good as the best knifes out there. Period. What more can I say (although these extra words were required).

Save 20% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment