Mundial 4660M 8-Inch by 3-Inch Chinese Chef?s Knife, Wood

Mundial 4660M 8-Inch by 3-Inch Chinese Chef?s Knife, WoodBought this for the Xmas holiday season and wanted to see how it stacks up against the cheap Chinese Cleaver that I got at the local Chinese market. This Mundial cleaver is made in China, which surprised me a little because most of Mundial knives are made in Brazil. This cleaver is also pretty heavy, weighing at around 1 lb, and it definitely feels hefty. I'm pretty sure this is stamped stainless steel, which is expected at this price range. The fit and finish is below par. There are some rough edges and the bronze-color bolster is loose. Out of the box, the sharpness is non-existence. I can't even cut anything substantial. It obviously failed the paper-cutting test. I definitely need to sharpen this with a wetstone before using it again. I've read that the Forschner cleaver has much better review, so I would suggest going with Forschner if you are on the fence.

Save 35% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment