Mac Knife Ceramic Honing Rod, Black

Mac Knife Ceramic Honing Rod, 10-1/2-Inch, BlackI've used many honing rods over the years, and this is by far the best. A honing rod has to be harder than than the knife it's honing or it won't work. Most steel rods are around Rockwell 60, and are thus ineffective on some Japanese knives that can be as hard as 62. This ceramic hone measures Rockwell 81 in hardness, so it has no trouble refining the edge of the hardest steel knife. This won't make a dull knife sharp, but it will make a sharp knife sing.

If you have any of the MAC knifes you should have this honing rod! For the price you can not beat it!!

Buy Mac Knife Ceramic Honing Rod, Black Now

After having a regular metal honing steel for most of my career and a diamond sharpening steel I'm finally getting a ceramic steel. I've always liked products from MAC especially their knives. Now that they have a ceramic steel that is black this is a great purchase. This will go great with all of my knives that are japanese steel but western style blades.

Read Best Reviews of Mac Knife Ceramic Honing Rod, Black Here

I received a Global knife as a gift, only to find out that my regular honing steel shouldn't be used on it. After reading other online reviews, I selected the MAC ceramic black honing rod. It's very cool, in an elegant and simple black. It works very well, and I really like the two different options for more aggressive honing and finetuning.

Want Mac Knife Ceramic Honing Rod, Black Discount?

This is a very nice honing rod I bought for honing my Mac 8" chefs knife. One minor complaint is that if using it free hand the knife blade can get hung up on the rubber tip. Thus the reason for 4 stars. I think I would prefer it without the rubber tip. The rubber tip is for anchoring the honing rod in a vertical position on a cutting board.

Save 15% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment