Pure Komachi 2 Series 8-Slot Knife Storage Block

Pure Komachi 2 Series 8-Slot Knife Storage BlockI purchased my Pure Komachi knives by themselves initially, thinking I might use a magnetic knife bar to hold them. I changed my mind & decided I wanted to get the clear holder for them after all. The knives are fantastic & I wanted them displayed nicely.

The concept of this knife block is great a transparent holder to show off the wonderful colors of the Komachi knifes. But, oh my gosh -this thing is absolutely HUGE!!! I had read other reviews, that stated it was big & had read the description but really didn't grasp just HOW incredibly *enormous* it was, until it arrived. I had a large number of orders arriving from Amazon at the time, and when I pulled this out of the box, my first thought was, "I don't recall ordering a bucket???"

There is no way that this holder with the knifes inserted would fit on my counter & slide up under the cabinets, so it was returned for a refund & I went back to using my magnetic knife bar.

I don't know I've had knife blocks before that held more knifes than this but were a reasonable size. It seems they could rework the design on this block & keep the novelty of the transparent block, but make it a more "normal" size.

This clear knife block does what it's supposed to do by holding Komachi knives in a "cool" fashion. With the block being clear, you can easily identify what type of knife you want. The only downside would be the size. It's a little larger than I envisioned and kind of looks like an upside down water pitcher, but I would still recommend it. In my opinion, it's the best knife block for these types of knives.

Buy Pure Komachi 2 Series 8-Slot Knife Storage Block Now

I've been buying the Kai Pure Komachi 2 series knives which are truly wonderful knives. I didn't want the knives in my knife drawer because I wanted to protect the blades. So, I purchased the acrylic knife storage block. It works it keeps the blades separated it is clear, so you can easily select the knife you need for the job. However, it is really big and clunky. This is a case of functionality over beauty. If you have counter space or don't mind cluttered countertops no problem. If you are like me who likes clear counter tops you will need to adjust your philosophy.

Read Best Reviews of Pure Komachi 2 Series 8-Slot Knife Storage Block Here

While I love the colored Komachi knives, I'm not willing or able to display them in a too-HUGE, too CLUNKY clear design like this. It towers over our Zojirushi rice cooker and almost equals the bulk of the toaster oven. We simply can't fit it! Secondly, there's way too much WASTED SPACE within the ovalized cylinder shape that is not necessary for the two main purposes of a knife holder: protect the knife but maintain quick easy access for the cook. Am returning it ASAP. Try to find a traditional wood block style with enough holes for the Komachi knives. Traditional knife blocks are about 6 x 8" footprint ---this monster is over 12" and chubby and tall......

Want Pure Komachi 2 Series 8-Slot Knife Storage Block Discount?

I purchased this product because my husband purchased a set of knives for me at Costco. Although, it is expensive for what it is, I got it any way, so I would actually use the knives if they were out in the open and not thrown in a drawer. It is useful, you can actually see the knife you are grabbing and know it is the one you need at the time. It is unfortunate that it is priced high for what it is but it is useful and you do not have to unknowingly, memorize what each color is for.

Save 27% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment