Oneida Montego 62-Piece Flatware Set, Service for 12

Oneida Montego 62-Piece Flatware Set, Service for 12Our sons and daughters-in-law bought this set for us for Christmas. We are a 'blended' family and so was our flatware. We love our family but the flatware had to go! LOL!

Trying to find a pattern me and my husband both liked was not easy but the Oneida Montego pattern fit us both. We are not 'formal' and wanted something casual but this pattern would look very sophisticated alongside fine china. The pieces are large and of a very good weight. The fork tines are a bit thick at the ends which sometimes makes it hard for me to 'stab' my food but that is a minor drawback and I can deal with it.

However, I wish I could find a service for four or complete place settings so that we would have a total service for sixteen to match our dinnerware service (which I recently purchased and reveiwed here on www.amazon.com). I can only find individual pieces on a remote site linked via Amazon so I may have to purchase them individually from there if I decide to add to my 62 piece flatware set. In hindsight, I should have researched that before deciding on this pattern. It's just me and hubby at home and we don't use alot of dishes, so we run out of clean flatware only because it takes so long to fill the dishwasher.

All in all, we're very pleased with this pattern and the quality of Oneida 18/10 stainless.

This is a really good buy for the money. The tableware is strong enough not to bend in ice cream, which is a good measure of strength. It's nice style means you can use it anywhere. You could spend a lot more and not get any better quality. I'd buy again for sure.

Buy Oneida Montego 62-Piece Flatware Set, Service for 12 Now

I wanted a simple, but nice, silverware set for daily use. This set fit the bill nicely! It's a very nice quality, good weight and balance.

Read Best Reviews of Oneida Montego 62-Piece Flatware Set, Service for 12 Here

I purchased this set because of its basic, classic design to match our everyday glass dinnerware. I had to request a replacement for my order because some of the pieces from the first set had scratches and small pinhole-size pitting on the surface. The second set was better.

I was disappointed that the place spoons are much smaller than the place forks. The spoons are about the same size as the salad forks and I'm used to place spoons and forks being about the same size. I do love the shape of the spoons as they are not too big or too small. The knives are quite heavy and feel a little unbalanced but all of the pieces are very shiny and attractive. It's definitely great as everyday flatware and maybe for casual entertaining but we're saving our other flatware set for more formal occasions. Also, for those concerned, the sets I received were both made in Indonesia (I read from another review on a different Oneida flatware set that the ones made from Indonesia are much better compared to the ones made in China).

If you're looking for a more complete flatware set, I would suggest the Lorenzo Ruby-SAT18/10 72-Piece Flatware Set Service for 12 which is the set we use for formal dining (Amazon only has the Satin finish for sale now but the one we have is the high polished version, Ruby-SS). It's made in Italy and is also 18/10. It has a lot of extra serving pieces and came with a storage case. I purchased the Lorenzo set for $86.99 + free shipping on another website and the Oneida set here on Amazon for $89.91 so the Lorenzo set was a way better value anyway. You can also check out the Lorenzo Melina-SS 18/10 84-Piece Flatware Set Service for 12 which also has good reviews. Lorenzo Imports has great customer service so if you have any problems, you can call them directly for replacement pieces.

Want Oneida Montego 62-Piece Flatware Set, Service for 12 Discount?

I love this set of flatware!

After reading one negative review about it having spots after coming out of the dishwasher, I decided to try it anyway and just wipe off the silverware if need be. I'm happy to report that after 2 or 3 times through the dishwasher, the spots no longer appear (I do, however, use Jet-dry).

Every time I open my drawer and pick up a piece, I think how beautiful and elegant it is and how nicely it is to hold.

Save 67% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment