Mercer Genesis Collection 10-Inch Granton Carving Knife

Mercer Genesis Collection 10-Inch Granton Carving KnifeThe price is roughly the same price as a basic JA Henckels carving knife, but it's arguably better than a Zwillings or Wusthof in performance. It's sharper than my Wusthof Classic, and its handle, which is thick and made of a tacky rubber, is far gripper than the Grand Prix II's, which is a resin and narrower. The balancing points on Mercers (I also have the 10" Chef) are on the bolster itself, while my other blades tend to be either handle (JA Henckels 7" Santoku) or blade (Wusthof Classic 8" Chef's Hollow edge) heavy; I feel more in control with these. The hollow edges are very deep and raw meats easily come off the blade. I wish they didn't use so much labelling on it though.

Outside of getting a sashimi knife, I can't imagine a better knife to make thin, precise slices of meat. I'd recommend Genesis knives for narrow ones like carving or bread knives, and their Renaissance collection for wider knives like Chef's knives and Santokus. That way, the bolster will not be an issue.

If you want a lighter carving knife, I'd try the stamped [ASIN:B0000CFDB9 Victorinox 12-Inch Granton Edge Slicing Knife with Fibrox Handle]].

Save 42% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment