Le Creuset Stoneware 10-Inch Salad Plate

Le Creuset Stoneware 10-Inch Salad Plate, CherryI will come back and update this review after I've had more time with this plate and can see how it holds up. For now, I can say that it is a beautiful plate, large, heavy, with a recessed center area and nice, wide rim. So why 3 stars (for now)? Well, mine arrived with scratches in the finish on the interior portion right where it curves up into the rim. You can feel them with your finger, so definitely mars in the finish. They are small and only in one area, so I am not going to go through all the bother of returning the plate...but at these prices I expect a perfect plate without any dings in the finish. I should note these are made in China, so possibly the scratches occurred during shipping.

I will come back and update after I have more time using this. [Update: Plate has held up well so far and is great in daily use. Not just for salads, but many other things as well. Would give it 4-5 stars if mine had arrived without dings.) The plate is very nice overall. I also purchased a large bowl and a pasta plate and both of those are very nice as well. The pasta plate had a few bubbles in the finish, but nothing dreadful. Still, at these prices, I expected perfect finishes.

Creuset presents this as a salad plate which I think is a mistake. I've read other reviews by customers who bought the 12" dinner plate and found it too large and ended up using it as a serving platter. This salad plate is 10" in diameter and it is a perfect size for a dinner plate. The main thing about these plates is that they are beautiful. I chose cherry ones which I guess is Creuset's signature glaze at this point. It is rich, varied, a pleasure to look at and to use.

Buy Le Creuset Stoneware 10-Inch Salad Plate Now

I've been in the market for new dinner dishes, and have looked at several different brands. I have enjoyed Le Creuset products (bakeware/stoveware/kitchen tools) in the past, so was pleased to find Le Creuset stoneware. I ordered the dinner plate, salad plate, soup bowl and cassoulet bowl in four colors: flame, cherry, cobalt and cassis. I got this idea from a staff person at a Le Creuset store who said that the colors are fun together on a table (albeit quite a bit MORE expensive than ordering a dining set of the same color.) Have to say that I am very pleased with all of them. All of the dishes are of good weight--they feel solid without feeling overly bulky. The dinner plate is big--too big to fit in my kitchen cabinet where the old set was--so you may want to look at the dimensions before ordering. I was able to fit it in the lower cabinet, so it worked out. I really like these salad plates, and use them more often than the dinner plates. They are a good size for lunches and breakfasts, and look really nice in all the colors. This blue is quite attractive--it's a deep, rich blue that I think goes really well with both the cassis (purple) and the warm colored plates (red and flame). It's a deeper blue than the crock that I bought in blue from Le Creuset some years ago. The color looks great on its own, and really nice with my ivory placemats/table runner. This plate has been through the dishwasher and used in the microwave many times and shows no signs of wear. I also like that it is lead-free. Overall, I am so satisfied that I am ordering more.

Read Best Reviews of Le Creuset Stoneware 10-Inch Salad Plate Here

We love these dishes. Heavy well made and we love the color. Great in the microwave and even can be heated in the stove.

Want Le Creuset Stoneware 10-Inch Salad Plate Discount?

I love the quality of the Le Creuset dinnerware, but I'm still trying to figure out how to use the pieces. I'm using the salad plate as a dinner plate as the large dinner plate (12") is too large to fit in my dishwasher. It does, however, get used sometime as a serving platter, where I only have to wash one dish by hand. Now, I would like to see a small bread plate to go with the set. I guess the French just eat differently than us Americans.

Save 20% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment