Deglon 8-Inch Tomato Knife

Deglon 8-Inch Tomato Knife, Wood HandleI've owned a series of these knives over a number of decades, using them as my primary kitchen knife. I bought copies for my family who also loved them and also used them on a regular basis. One of the first times I used one, about thirty years ago, I used to cut up smothered steak, which was covered in gravy. At the end, I washed my hands and found that I had several flaps of skin hanging onto my fingers; the knife had cut me, but not enough to draw blood.

The only real flaw to the knife is that the wooden handle starts to break down, especially if cleaned in a dishwasher. I looked for a replacement, unsuccessfully, for about ten years. Late one Saturday night, I couldn't find the knife, and looked carefully thru my kitchen drawers, finding a previous instance, which I had set aside because the handle was about to come apart; it had been forgotten. That knife was sharper than the one I'd been using, and it had the makers name on it: Deglon. The first websites I was found were British or French; I shortly looked on Amazon, where I bought all the 8" tomato knives they had: one, which I then gave away. A few months later, I again bought all that Amazon had: two.

Only barely worth giving it space in my kitchen. I was looking for an additional serrated knife, specifically for slicing tomatoes extremely thin. I have a a fabulous such item that I bought at a kitchen ware store about 12 years ago. It was laughably inexpensive, imported from Portugal and all my friends and I treasure the one we've had all these years. Every so often I will try a new such knife and have been relentlessly disappointed.

Buy Deglon 8-Inch Tomato Knife Now

Good knives are a must in the kitchen, and for a family who loves tomatoes, only a good tomato knife will do for slicing neatly. We already had one tomato knife, but after searching high and low locally for a second, I finally resorted to Amazon and found this. It was reasonably priced and works like a charm. It is also dishwasher safe.

Read Best Reviews of Deglon 8-Inch Tomato Knife Here

We have two of these knives. It is study and works well. It do NOT have the heft and good feeling that Henckels, etc. knives have but it is a great value.

Want Deglon 8-Inch Tomato Knife Discount?

I received a Deglon 8-inch tomato knife with wood handle as a gift about ten years ago. It stayed very sharp all that time. HOWEVER, I made the mistake of using it to cut a product, not its intended use. Well, it got dull. Hence my reason for shopping for another. I've never owned another knife that cut so perfectly. Buy it; you'll love it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment