Calphalon Contemporary 4-1/2-Inch Paring Knife

Calphalon Contemporary 4-1/2-Inch Paring KnifeMy husband had a knife that was carbon steel. It was his favorite. We were married in 1967 and I have never cooked. My husband loves to cook. When his favorite carbon steel knife had been sharpened so many times it was only about a quarter inch wide with the handle almost gone, my husband said, jokingly, "You better hope that this knife lasts or I will quit cooking!" Well, a couple of years ago, I found one of these Calphalon 4 1/2 inch paring knives and bought it for Christmas for him. He has many, many knives most of which he doesn't use. He didn't pay much attention to the knife after opening it. He put it in the drawer and didn't even use it. Then one day, I said, "Have you ever tried the knife I bought you?". With some coaxing, he used it that day. A few days later, he said, "Where did you get that knife?". I told him and he said "Do you think they have any more?" Next thing I know, he has aquired 2 more of them, but breaks the tip off one of them his fault dropped it on the tile floor. No problem he still has two more.

A few days ago, he asked me if I thought we could find another one or two. He has pretty much retired his original carbon steel knife and actually said recently that this is his favorite knife but he would like to have more of them. They no longer had them at the store where we originally bought them. I was so pleased when I saw that they were still available on Amazon. Now I know what to get him for Christmas this year.

Ok. I own a lot of knives. Maybe I'm obsessive. In any case, this knife has just become my absolute favorite. It is well-balanced, unbelievably sharp, the perfect length for all of my veggie prep, and it looks good in my knife block. I LOVE that the size and type are stamped on the end cap, so that I can find it right away. I am going to get a bunch of these to give as gifts for Christmas. Yes, I love it that much.

Buy Calphalon Contemporary 4-1/2-Inch Paring Knife Now

Is all i have been doing since I got my knife. Grest replacement to the 31/2" one that someone in my house tossed in the trash can

Read Best Reviews of Calphalon Contemporary 4-1/2-Inch Paring Knife Here

Bought this as part of a set on Macys.com. Dropped the knife on our tile floor and the blade snapped off at the tang! I guess German steel isn't as good as it is hyped up to be.

Want Calphalon Contemporary 4-1/2-Inch Paring Knife Discount?

I was taught as a young girl learning to cook that a sharp knife would be my best friend in the kitchen. Moma was right....and the best knives to hold a sharp edge are Calphalon knives! Someone "borrowed" my Calphalon paring knife during a cookout and I had to replace it. I ordered my replacement that night!....no way I would be without it.

Amazon is the best way to order online. I had my knife the 2nd day.

I may not let anyone "borrow" my Calphalons again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment