Forschner 8" Straight Knife

Forschner 8' Straight Knife - Black HandleAs always Victorinox makes amazing blades for the price and Forschner is their work horse!

This blade is great, I've used it for some fillet work on salmon though it's a bit thin and a little too flexible for my personal taste in a fillet knife, great for other applications or if it's simply what you prefer. Holds a nice edge, affordable, quality, nothing more that I can say that the name Victorinox doesn't say for itself!!

I bought this knife a few weeks back and I have used it a number of times. I can say that I was surprised at how sharp it was and how it keeps the fine edge after prolonged use. I filet a lot of fish and this knife is perfect for what I need. All in all, I will give this knife a five star rating. Dick D.q

Buy Forschner 8" Straight Knife Now

I've been in the fishing industry for 14 years now and have used this knife cutting fish for 6 hours straight on many occasion. Every species of fish has different anatomy and physiology so you need a few different style knives to get the job done efficiently. This knife in particular works great for filleting small to medium vertebrae fish of up to 15 20 lbs (rock fish, bass, cod) using the slab method. 8 inches of blade helps clear your knuckles of the unpleasant dorsal spines. The narrower height makes for easily turning the blade once you reach the spine with the first cut yet theres still enough "heft" to help carry your momentum through the rib bones on the second cut. The flexibility of the thinner diameter blade helps tremendously in two areas. The flexing enables laying of the blade as flat as possible against the spine in order to maximize yield. The thinner diameter also transmits sensitivity better, helping you "feel" where you're cutting since the knife is hidden under the fillet once you start your cut at the head up until it exits at the tail. If you're buying a knife for filleting tuna or larger vertebrae fish (Dorado, Jacks) using the framing method, different style knives with stiffer blades will be better suited for the jobs. I might sound like a knife rep. or something but I'm not. I just appreciate well made tools that help me get the job done better and Forschner's designs have proven to work very well for me in several areas including this particular application I've discussed.

-Material 4.5 stars (consistently good quality steel that will form a nice edge and hold it well. The slip resistant ergonomic handle will never separate like wood ones eventually do)

-Design 5 stars (for the purpose I described, this blade is ideal)

-Build 5 stars (factory sharpened blade stays amazingly sharp for quite a while before needing any maintenance)

-Price 3.5 stars (I paid 25.50)

Read Best Reviews of Forschner 8" Straight Knife Here

These are very good knives. I have a neighbor who is a butcher and he recommended these. I would purchase these again.

Want Forschner 8" Straight Knife Discount?

0 comments:

Post a Comment