Chicago Cutlery Metropolitan 5-Inch Boning Knife

Chicago Cutlery Metropolitan 5-Inch Boning KnifeI use this knife exclusively to bone chicken, turkey, and leg of lamb. The blade is relatively stiff for a boning knife, but works well and allows me to quickly dispatch with bones and retain all the meat in clean cuts. It easily takes a very sharp edge with a few strokes on my sharpening stone or electric sharpener. I have several other VERY expensive chef's knives that are are better-crafted and use fancy steel, but this one is hard to beat for the price and it's difficult to justify spending a huge sum on a needed and specialized cutting tool.

No, it's not Wustoff. But Chicago cutlery is an amazing deal for the money. My Great uncle knew knives, and these impressed him. They're a combination of carbon and stainless, apparentlydon't rust but will hone and sharpen nicely. I have several of this brand, Some Calphalon, some old full carbon steel, one wusthoff. The Chicago knives are what I reach for first.

This particular knife is the most used in my kitchenit does an awful lot! Maybe it's just my hand but if I had to pick one knife for the desert island this would be it.

You do need to hone these knives properly every time you use thembut that's true of all kitchen knives. If there's any weakness in the Chicago Cutlery it's the edge getting warped easily, but hey, even fancy German steel needs honing. So save a C note.

Buy Chicago Cutlery Metropolitan 5-Inch Boning Knife Now

I looked in stores for a boning knife and had a hard time finding a basic, quality one that wasn't $50. This thing works well, has a strong handle that's riveted through, so it'll last, and was definitely in my price range. Good if you're looking for a no frills knife to get the job done.

Read Best Reviews of Chicago Cutlery Metropolitan 5-Inch Boning Knife Here

My mom swears by Chicago Cutlery, since she's been using their products since the 70's. So, after she bought me a couple knives, I decided to complete the matching set. I do not regret it. These knives are very sleek and modern, yet classic and time-proven.

Although, I don't believe I'll be doing any "boning" with this knife, as I do not cook whole chickens or anything like that. There are many other general uses for this knife.

Want Chicago Cutlery Metropolitan 5-Inch Boning Knife Discount?

I have had one of these knives for years and always reach for it first no matter what I am cutting--vegetables for salad, garlic, onions, potatoes, meat. I find it a lot easier to use that a traditional paring knife. It sharpens well and is comfortable to work with. I had to buy a second because family members often were using the original when I was looking for it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment