Victorinox 4-Inch Pizza Wheel, Black Polypropylene Handle

Victorinox 4-Inch Pizza Wheel, Black Polypropylene HandleI have terrible arthritis in my hands with joints replacements in my knuckles as well so having proper tools that function well is extremely important to me. I recently purchased four different pizza cutters to see which was the best at getting through a pizza in ONE pass.

I tested a Chef'n FreshForce, a Dexter-Russell and a OXO Good Grips brand pizza wheel against the Victorinox pizza cutter in this listing. I had seen a video demonstration online that showed a good way to pre-test a pizza cutter; the demonstrator simply rolled his cutter across a piece of paper on his cutting board and it went right through, splitting the paper. I tried this with all four pizza cutters; the Chef'n FreshForce, OXO Good Grips, and the Victorinox pizza wheels could NOT cut through the paper, only creased it at best. Only one pizza cutter was able to pass the test out of the four; the winner was the Dexter pizza cutter.

Once the Dexter cutter passed the paper test I put it to the actual pizza test. The Dexter cutter rolled through in a single pass, no double rolling necessary, no cheese stuck to the wheel. The Victorinox, OXO and Chef'n FreshForce pizza cutters required you to rock/roll back and forth several times to cut all the way through the pizza and required more pressure, time and effort to get the result.

Other notes about the Victorinox cutter; the wheel I received is *not* shiny as it appears in the photo here. It is a brushed stainless finish. Also the handle is shaped differently from the one pictured here. It happens to be a curved, very ergonomic, comfortable handle, just different from what was pictured here.

The Dexter-Russell Pizza Cutter Black Handle is a good value that produces an EXCELLENT result; pleased to offer that model my HIGHEST recommendation.

Save 26% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment