Farberware 22-Piece Wave Edge Cutlery Set

Farberware 22-Piece Wave Edge Cutlery SetFor the price, this set is worth it. I've had it for many years and about half the knives have made it this far. They're not the best knives you'll ever own, by any means, but if you're on a tight budget, they'll work. While I was using one of the bigger knives, the blade came out of the handle. And some of the rivets have fallen out, which is why I threw many of them away.

I put these in the dishwasher even though it says not to, because I'm just not patient enough for handwashing my knives. The handles do seem flimsy, and the knives don't stay very sharp, but again-at this price, it's a fine "starter set."

Two days out of the box, first knife, first use -the handle broke. Don't waste your money. Farberware used to have good products. This certainly is not one of them.

Buy Farberware 22-Piece Wave Edge Cutlery Set Now

For the price paid, yes, this is a good deal. But the picture (even on the box) doesn't present, well, the true picture. The knives' edges are sharp but the wavy finish is poor & looks like it hasn't been sharpened properly. The wood on the block is cheap & you will find splinters on the bottom & inside. The grips are all plastic-y & I hope they hold up over time. My biggest gripe was against the spatulas. Not only were they of really cheap material, they were also damn tiny! Since they aren't resistant to heat, what could I use them for? This is a gift for my mom & I am not entirely happy with it, but will live with it. Including the block there are 22 items in this package. Based on the rivets the knives might be a full tang, but I am not sure.

Read Best Reviews of Farberware 22-Piece Wave Edge Cutlery Set Here

I've had these knives for a little over a year. I don't use them that often and I mostly just use the smaller knives. Within this short time frame, two of the smaller knives have broken. One while chopping an onion and one while chopping carrots. The handles are the part that broke. The metal of the blade does not extend that far into the handle. Overall, it's an okay set if you are broke and need something for occasional use. This would be horrible for a real kitchen set though.

Want Farberware 22-Piece Wave Edge Cutlery Set Discount?

I saw someone say that they were damaged by the dishwasher.. it is not the dishwasher. I dont even have a dishwasher and I have had one of the steak knives break on me. On the second use. You see that the handles have 3 rivets, which makes you think that the blades go into the plastic handle a bit.. but guess again. The metal tang for the blade stops before it hits even the first rivet that you see. That means that the tang only goes into the plastic handle by about an inch to maybe inch and a half. I have a set of their drop forged knife sets with full tangs that go all the way through the handles, and those are very well made, but these are just cheap starter set knives that should hold you over until you get the money to buy something decent. When you consider that you are getting the set for less then a dollar per piece, I guess they are not that bad, but if you are looking for something that will last you for years, or for the rest of your life, look at another set.

As for the warranty.. I dont even remember what it is. but let me say this, if you pay a dollar for a knife and it breaks, even under warranty, is it really worth mailing back to get it fixed, after all, it will cost you about as much, if not more to mail it back for just one knife then what that one knife cost you to buy, buying in a set.. it i would actually loose money trying to send it back to get fixed. I would be better off just buying another set, and trust me, it will not be this one..

Overall, I would give the company a 3 out of 5, being that this set is cheap, but their full tang drop forged knives are very well made and will probably last you a lifetime. so if you have the money for them, get that set instead, because in the end, if you buy one set of the good ones, or 2 to 3 of these, you are paying the same or less in the end if you just buy the good set from the start.

0 comments:

Post a Comment