Chicago Cutlery Fusion 7-Inch Santoku Knife

Chicago Cutlery Fusion 7-Inch Santoku KnifeI just wanted to review the product and warn any other customers about this dangerous flaw I experienced.

First of all, the blade seems to be good at least. The way the blade is secured into the handle is NOT AT ALL good. It's just a 1 1/2 inch flat metal part extending from the bottom of the blade, with a tiny hole in it, and it had a TINY dab of some cheap adhesive holding it in. (Read further on HOW I found this out.)

Got the knife, opened it, washed blade, began testing the knife. Thinking the blade was full tang, I made a cleaving motion (it can be use as a cleaver, ya'know?), and THE BLADE FLEW OUT OF THE HANDLE. My heart sank. Had I swung it in just about any other direction, the blade (which is VERY SHARP) could have hit one of my family members. I was in the kitchen, cleaning/sharpening and testing the knife, and luckily my family was in the living room. It has NO RIVETS in the handle, which leads one to believe, with the metal on the butt of the handle, that it's actually one solid piece of steel, with a comfort grip. IT ISN'T. The handle is hard plastic (it seems), wrapped in comfort grip, and the butt of the handle is metal, most likely an insert like the blade. Had I known it wasn't full tang, I would not have purchased it. I generally dislike knives that are not. To me, (and clearly demonstrated with this) they tend to be less safe.

To remedy it, I coated the metal stud of the blade (the part that slides into the handle) with adhesive "fix-all" super glue stuff, and pressed it back down into the handle. It seems to be holding better now. But still, blades shouldn't fly out of handles no matter what you do, that's just extremely dangerous.

Overall, the knife seems to be good aside from the blade flying out. I cut up onion, garlic, green bell pepper, zucchini, and some steak (into very thin strips) with ease. Cut everything flawlessly. The oval shaped indents on the blade didn't really prevent anything sticking to the blade however, so I'm not sure how well they actually help anything.

Having to replace this knife from the set. The top of the handle cracked during normal use. Like the set, very sharp, but be careful with the small Santoku when cutting larger tougher foods. This is my favorite knife in the set, use the larger one for larger slicing, reserve this for more finer work.

Buy Chicago Cutlery Fusion 7-Inch Santoku Knife Now

This knife a very good value. It holds its edge very well. I would have given it 5 stars if

the balance was better.

Read Best Reviews of Chicago Cutlery Fusion 7-Inch Santoku Knife Here

I know this knife is made in China but it is very good quality and maintains a good edge. Make sure to steel it and you won't have to sharpen it often. If you're on a budget but still want to pick up high quality knives, I recommend the Chicago knives. I've owned (and sold) plenty of German knives (henkels and wustoff) and they wear at the same rate as this knives here but they cost about 3 times more.

Want Chicago Cutlery Fusion 7-Inch Santoku Knife Discount?

THIS IS A GOOD KNIFE FOR THE PRICE. WORKS GREAT FOR CHOPPING, AND KEEPS A GOOD EDGE. FOR THE PRICE...I WOULD RECOMMEND.

Save 64% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment